Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got 9 Volts?

I avoided lugging a lab supply and extension cord
into the field with this no-cost jig.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/PowerOut.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/PowerOut.JPG

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Here is the text:
I needed a portable 9 volt D.C. power supply for an
experiment. I happened to have a
broken power tool battery charger.
Rather than repair it, I removed its transformer and drilled
a couple holes
in the top to receive a pair of banana jacks. I was able to
conduct my experiment
without having to lug a lab supply and arrange for an A.C.
outlet in the field.

It worked a treat!

--WinstonHere is the question: Since you don't have 120 VAC
in the field. Where did the electricity come from? Empty
box, with no line cord, and no transformer? That's seriously
brilliant.... not!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Winston" wrote in message
I avoided lugging a lab supply and extension cord
into the field with this no-cost jig.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/PowerOut.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/PowerOut.JPG

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

.

"Winston" wrote in message
I avoided lugging a lab supply and extension cord
into the field with this no-cost jig.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/PowerOut.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/PowerOut.JPG

--Winston

I'm guessing the power comes from the battery inserted into the gutted
charger, the charger is used for its contacts to the battery.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No battery was shown, so that's not conclusive.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RogerN" wrote in message

I'm guessing the power comes from the battery inserted into
the gutted
charger, the charger is used for its contacts to the
battery.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
I'm guessing the power comes from the battery inserted into
the gutted
charger, the charger is used for its contacts to the
battery.
RogerN

I'd guess that he patched in 12V from a vehicle and used the charger's
regulator to drop it to 9V, with charge control.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

What's that Lassie? You say that Stormin Mormon fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:09:38 -0400:

No battery was shown, so that's not conclusive.

No AC power cord shown either.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

Lo Volts Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 28 March 14th 10 10:37 PM
get 12 volts AC from 12 volts DC Gazz Electronics 8 December 30th 06 03:44 AM
Looking to drop 6 volts dc to 4.5 volts dc .D.E Electronics 19 October 7th 06 06:37 AM
220 ac volts single phase adapter to 550 ac volts 3 phase André Cornut Metalworking 5 June 21st 05 02:28 AM
LM7812 semiconductor has zero volts in but still measures 12.12 volts out? AliTonto Electronics Repair 10 June 11th 04 06:25 AM