Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jon Banquer invades VX Forum

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

(Doug Miller) fired this volley in news:hpf4vh$gv7$3
:

And on the gripping hand, there's.... you.

AHAH! Another sci-fi fan! G

LLoyd

A while back in a search for space, I almost tossed my old paperbacks. I managed to toss
a few periodicals but I couldn't dump the books.

I need to create an index of my scifi and other books that have barcodes. I have a
scanner, I just need a way to turn the barcode data into an entry into a database of what
I have on hand.

I *hate* buying a book I have.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:28:23 -0400, Wes wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

(Doug Miller) fired this volley in news:hpf4vh$gv7$3
:

And on the gripping hand, there's.... you.

AHAH! Another sci-fi fan! G

LLoyd

A while back in a search for space, I almost tossed my old paperbacks. I managed to toss
a few periodicals but I couldn't dump the books.

I need to create an index of my scifi and other books that have barcodes. I have a
scanner, I just need a way to turn the barcode data into an entry into a database of what
I have on hand.

I *hate* buying a book I have.

Wes

Chuckle..Ive got about 6000 books, of which probably 3000 are scifi
....another 1500 are military histories...and I have about 30 multiple
copies, from Heinlein, to Cardnal of the Kremlin....sigh

One book..Ive found 4 different copies of the same book....

Gunner, who hits second hand stores for books. Hardbacks for 35 cents
are a good deal..if you have room....

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Wed, 07 Apr 2010 00:52:29 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
[...]

I dumped books last winter - had to go, I just need the space,
them out, etc ... now I'm hitting the second had stores to replace
some of them. Have to carry a list - I have volume 3, need two and
six - ha, there's the anthology!

Oh, and the other day, I bought four dollars worth of paperback -
and found a two dollar bill in one. One more reason to make sure you
remove all your bookmarks before disposing of books.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

(Doug Miller) fired this volley in news:hpf4vh$gv7$3
:

And on the gripping hand, there's.... you.

AHAH! Another sci-fi fan! G

LLoyd

A while back in a search for space, I almost tossed my old paperbacks. I managed to toss
a few periodicals but I couldn't dump the books.

I need to create an index of my scifi and other books that have barcodes. I have a
scanner, I just need a way to turn the barcode data into an entry into a database of what
I have on hand.

I *hate* buying a book I have.

See if you can find one of the old 'Cuecat' barcode readers. There
were hacks online to use it as a straight barcode reader.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Oh, and the other day, I bought four dollars worth of paperback -
and found a two dollar bill in one. One more reason to make sure you
remove all your bookmarks before disposing of books.

Years ago, I was staying at a Comfort Suites when I was contracted to bring up the servers
from my old employer that had been stored so a guy from Deloitte and Touche could grab a
copy of the data on them for string analyisis. Bankruptcy stuff, I guess they were
looking for incriminating data.

I put a 5 spot in the book I was reading as a marker and when I made it back to my room, I
saw a note with thanks and a smiley face signed housekeeping.

I'm sure glad I didn't use a twenty.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I *hate* buying a book I have.

See if you can find one of the old 'Cuecat' barcode readers. There
were hacks online to use it as a straight barcode reader.

I've been looking for an open source ISBN to title library. The bar codes seem to have
the ISBN number in the barcode iirc. It has a been a while since I looked into this so I
might be a bit off base.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

I *hate* buying a book I have.

See if you can find one of the old 'Cuecat' barcode readers. There
were hacks online to use it as a straight barcode reader.

I've been looking for an open source ISBN to title library. The bar codes seem to have
the ISBN number in the barcode iirc. It has a been a while since I looked into this so I
might be a bit off base.

Wes

You can enter the ISBN into ABEBOOKS, or a similar site to get data
on that item.