Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jon Banquer invades VX Forum

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Wed, 07 Apr 2010 00:52:29 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:28:23 -0400, Wes wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

(Doug Miller) fired this volley in news:hpf4vh$gv7$3
:

And on the gripping hand, there's.... you.

AHAH! Another sci-fi fan! G

LLoyd

A while back in a search for space, I almost tossed my old paperbacks. I managed to toss
a few periodicals but I couldn't dump the books.

I need to create an index of my scifi and other books that have barcodes. I have a
scanner, I just need a way to turn the barcode data into an entry into a database of what
I have on hand.

I *hate* buying a book I have.

Wes

Chuckle..Ive got about 6000 books, of which probably 3000 are scifi
...another 1500 are military histories...and I have about 30 multiple
copies, from Heinlein, to Cardnal of the Kremlin....sigh

One book..Ive found 4 different copies of the same book....

Gunner, who hits second hand stores for books. Hardbacks for 35 cents
are a good deal..if you have room....

I dumped books last winter - had to go, I just need the space,
them out, etc ... now I'm hitting the second had stores to replace
some of them. Have to carry a list - I have volume 3, need two and
six - ha, there's the anthology!

Oh, and the other day, I bought four dollars worth of paperback -
and found a two dollar bill in one. One more reason to make sure you
remove all your bookmarks before disposing of books.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!