Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stuart Victoria Progessing the Fly Ball GOvernor (Warning Metal Working Content!!! - Over 50's only)

Quite a long time since I progressed the Stuart Victoria, over the weekend
I've been able to crack on and get the governor assembly completed. The
whole build is documented in words and pictures at my blog:

http://stevewithnell.wordpress.com/

That link will get you to the blog. Because it's a blog its very much last
in first out! Hopefully there is something of interest here, have a
browse, see what you think.

A couple of video's on Youtube if you haven't seen them already-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=553i48WkJts

this is a trial run of the base engine, but you can see the double height
steam chest to accommodate a Meyer expansion valve arrangement.

Here is the engine developed with the drive gear for the Meyer expansion
valve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzk8E...eature=related

In any event, searching on youtube for "swithnell" will get you the
metalworking videos I've posted to date.

Next step will be to mount the governor and finish the drive gear, once
that's working and publish a new video...

Regards

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks Steve ! The "you tubes" are excellent. They give me encouragement to purchase (or free
lance) a governor for a Stuart Twin Vee. Before his passing last year a friend gave me a partially
completed Twin Vee without governor. Now that he is gone I am seriously planning on adding the
governor to his engine.

Bob Swinney