Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Zero Fog mister

I just had about my 100th request to make a copy of my zero fog mister. its
a device to spray coolant without that annoying fog the cheap misters put
out. Anyway I looked up the links and thought I'd repost here also.

Karl

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.DWG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_mister.pdf

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...nsend&safe=off

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article s.com,
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

I just had about my 100th request to make a copy of my zero fog mister. its
a device to spray coolant without that annoying fog the cheap misters put
out. Anyway I looked up the links and thought I'd repost here also.

Karl

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.DWG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_mister.pdf

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...epq=&as_oq=&as
_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as _mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=20
10&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2010&as_ugroup=rec. crafts.metalworking&as_usubj
ect=&as_uauthors=karl+townsend&safe=off

Interesting. I have dribble cooling in the lather, but the mill is a problem.

My shop looked like a fogbank after some hours of work, so I was using a mask.
I stopped using the misters because of the fog, and need a better answer.

What is the number of the mentioned patent? I did a little searching, and came
up with 5,390,854 from a picture on http://www.fogbuster.com. I would suggest
adding the patent number to the text file.

What application understands a .DWG file?

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Joseph Gwinn fired this volley in news:joegwinn-
:

What application understands a .DWG file?

AutoCAD, Rhino, and there are several others.

OK.

Besides that, you can get freeware .dwg "readers" all over. No CAD
features, just display/print the file.

Which readers by name will do this?

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joseph Gwinn fired this volley in news:joegwinn-
:

Which readers by name will do this?

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/redirect.php?
windowopen=new&url=ftp://ftp2.infograph.com/dl/freedwgviewer.exe

This one doesn't print, but is completely free.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If you're interested. This fella just posted the unit on his web site:
http://www.machinistblog.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 22:49:00 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

If you're interested. This fella just posted the unit on his web site:
http://www.machinistblog.com/

Hey Karl,

Thanks for that. The pix shows up much better there than it did in
your original post. Much clearer to see the whole thing.

A question though.........what do you use as the "coolant"? I
presently only use flood coolant of a soluble-oil type that is a 20:1
mix with tap water.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:14:55 -0400, Ned Simmons wrote:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:09:29 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Joseph Gwinn fired this volley in news:joegwinn-
:

What application understands a .DWG file?

AutoCAD, Rhino, and there are several others.

OK.

Besides that, you can get freeware .dwg "readers" all over. No CAD
features, just display/print the file.

Which readers by name will do this?

Truview is Autodesk's free viewer -- .dwg is the native autocad file
format. It allows you to view, print, and take measurements from a
drawing in .dwg or .dxf format.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...&siteID=123112

Thats one I use. Its right handy.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A question though.........what do you use as the "coolant"? I
presently only use flood coolant of a soluble-oil type that is a 20:1
mix with tap water.

I use exactly the same. The fresh made goes to the CNC mill. I have a drain
tube to a pail on the table. The recycle then goes into the saw. When
running 304 SS, I up the concentration to 8 or 10% but normally 5%.

I used to use koolmist. But there's been no need for this more expensive
material.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Karl,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try.

Brian.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 06:23:24 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

A question though.........what do you use as the "coolant"? I
presently only use flood coolant of a soluble-oil type that is a 20:1
mix with tap water.

I use exactly the same. The fresh made goes to the CNC mill. I have a drain
tube to a pail on the table. The recycle then goes into the saw. When
running 304 SS, I up the concentration to 8 or 10% but normally 5%.

I used to use koolmist. But there's been no need for this more expensive
material.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article s.com,
"Karl Townsend" wrote:

I just had about my 100th request to make a copy of my zero fog mister. its
a device to spray coolant without that annoying fog the cheap misters put
out. Anyway I looked up the links and thought I'd repost here also.

Karl

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.DWG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_Mister.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...Fog_mister.pdf

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&as_q=fog+mister&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq= &num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_min d=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2010&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_ maxy=2010&as_ugroup=rec.crafts.metalworking&as_usu bject=&as_uauthors=karl+townsend&safe=off

One more question. What kind of air pressure regulator are you using?

Joe Gwinn

Mister update Stupendous Man Metalworking 6 February 23rd 09 07:34 PM
Mister of your Craft daclark Home Repair 0 July 22nd 06 12:54 AM
Mister of your Craft daclark Woodworking 0 July 22nd 06 12:52 AM
Mirror de-mister Ian Waddell UK diy 6 January 23rd 05 01:23 AM
mister Kenneth W. Sterling Metalworking 1 July 10th 03 02:25 AM