Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mister update

I finally got tired of the cough and went to the Doc. Lets hear it for
Whooping cough! Whoop Whoop!.
She didn't have an opinion if the mister could have made me more
susceptible, but said to wear a mask when using the Kool mist.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 21, 8:24*pm, "Stupendous Man" wrote:
I finally got tired of the cough and went to the Doc. Lets hear it for
Whooping cough! Whoop Whoop!.
She didn't have an opinion if the mister could have made me more
susceptible, but said to wear a mask when using the Kool mist.
--
Stupendous Man,

Whooping cough? For real? If so, you should be very careful about
spreading it to babies. You'll likely recover just fine, but it can
kill an infant.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For real, I'm the 4th case in my area. We have a 3 year old, but she has
been innoculated. I'm trying to stay clear of kids and people until the end
of the antibiotics. I had tickets to a play in town tonight but gave them
away. I only went to the doc because i read about the other 3 and was
worried about the kid.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stupendous Man writes:

For real, I'm the 4th case in my area.

There is plenty of whooping cough around. The vaccine does not prevent the
disease, it just makes it milder. And even a mild case is unpleasant.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:00:54 -0800, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

For real, I'm the 4th case in my area. We have a 3 year old, but she has
been innoculated. I'm trying to stay clear of kids and people until the end
of the antibiotics. I had tickets to a play in town tonight but gave them
away. I only went to the doc because i read about the other 3 and was
worried about the kid.

It can take a long time to fully recover depending on how
bad it hit you and your age. My Mom came down with it
several years ago. It took well over a year to get somewhat
back to normal. The antibiotics do nothing for you other
than prevent you from passing it on. You would had to have
received them (antibiotics) during the early tickle-cough-
every-few-seconds for them to have helped.

It really kicked the crap out of my Mom. Heart wrenching
having to listen to her go through the coughing spell and
not being able to do anything to help. Our/her doctor was
totally clueless. Only good thing he did was give her an
antibiotic during the first visit that probably saved both
my Dad and self from getting it.

Best wishes for recovery.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The antibiotics do nothing for you other
than prevent you from passing it on. You would had to have
received them (antibiotics) during the early tickle-cough-
every-few-seconds for them to have helped.

That's what the doc said. i have had it almost a month, but it didn't stop
me from snowmobiling Friday.
Thanks, but it's only a cough, not like i lost a finger. I only posted the
update to point out that the Kool-mist exposure may have made it easier to
catch.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:12:55 -0800, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

The antibiotics do nothing for you other
than prevent you from passing it on. You would had to have
received them (antibiotics) during the early tickle-cough-
every-few-seconds for them to have helped.

That's what the doc said. i have had it almost a month, but it didn't stop
me from snowmobiling Friday.
Thanks, but it's only a cough, not like i lost a finger. I only posted the
update to point out that the Kool-mist exposure may have made it easier to
catch.

I doubt that had any bearing (Kool-mist) on your catching
this. It is highly contagious and you catch it from being
exposed to someone else that has it already.

I like to attend used book sales (and Mom). Pretty sure this
is where she picked it up. We don't go out that often. I
could vaguely remember a young girl (~12 years old) doing a
lot of hacking in a smallish room that day. Mom had no
underlying sickness/problems at the time, other than she is
getting up in the years. I was vaccinated years ago, may or
may not have helped me avoid it (jury is out on that, but
boosters are highly recommended for it now).

It doesn't hit/affect everyone the same. Some shrug it off
pretty well and never even know what they had. Consider
yourself luck if this is the case. Elderly people sometimes
break ribs during the intense coughing (whooping, once
you've heard this you will never forget it). Upchucking
afterwards is common too. Believe me, serious stuff.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

My mister has a cold Stupendous Man Metalworking 16 October 6th 08 07:15 AM
Mister of your Craft daclark Home Repair 0 July 22nd 06 12:54 AM
Mister of your Craft daclark Woodworking 0 July 22nd 06 12:52 AM
Mirror de-mister Ian Waddell UK diy 6 January 23rd 05 01:23 AM
mister Kenneth W. Sterling Metalworking 1 July 10th 03 02:25 AM