Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fun with your tractor

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy fired this volley in
:

would not trust steel tracks on a steel ramp to stay put.

Then you missed the grab hooks on the front of the loader and bar over
which they hook at each level.

Watch it again. Look for one of the "between the feet" views.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:16:14 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

Note their use of counter weights on the ends of the out riggers. I
would not trust steel tracks on a steel ramp to stay put.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 24, 11:16*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:46:19 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Mar 24, 11:16*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

I noticed that, but really, what good would it do?

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

And then proceeds to walk around under the hoe.

Can I do this with my Farmall Super A? We've got some big pine and
spruce trees. Maybe a mechanized version of an arborist's climbing
gear.g

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 25, 10:54*am, Ned Simmons wrote:
Can I do this with my Farmall Super A? We've got some big pine and
spruce trees. Maybe a mechanized version of an arborist's climbing
gear.g
Ned Simmons

Sure, if you had the funding of a Superbowl commercial.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetten,_dass..%3F

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 25, 9:46*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 24, 11:16*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

Depends. That's what I'd be wearing!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 25, 1:06*pm, "Denis G." wrote:

Depends. *That's what I'd be wearing!

About 300 layers thick.

I get dizzy just looking down out of those old bell towers:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/...11c8ca.jpg?v=0
http://www.bistro-catering-muenchen....e_muenchen.jpg

Here's where they did it, despite the Italian music:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rathaus,_Vienna

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 24, 11:16 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

Too high for a helmet to make much difference, except at the start.

Too low for a parachute.

Daredevil machine operators -- it's certainly an interesting new niche!

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 24, 11:16*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

Remarkable. The operator even looks bored after the first few minutes.
Who the heck thinks this stuff up?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Mar 24, 11:16 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

The skill of the operator is amazing. One jerk or quick movement, and the
whole thing could have come down. There are lots of "drivers" around, and
few "operators." This man is an "operator".

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 25, 3:08*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Mar 24, 11:16 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

The skill of the operator is amazing. *One jerk or quick movement, and the
whole thing could have come down. *There are lots of "drivers" around, and
few "operators." *This man is an "operator".

Steve

The announcer said he has to insert the tongue at the top of the shoe
into the slot blind, by feel.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I learned several years ago when I first bought my backhoe that just
having one doesn't make one a backhoe operator. I haven't even tried
jumping ditches with mine yet.
Now I am more convinced than ever that I know nothing.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Notice the track fit in a slot. The top held the track while
the bottom held it - in a slant, they bound the track in place.

Quality hand and eye control that one had!

Martin

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

Note their use of counter weights on the ends of the out riggers. I
would not trust steel tracks on a steel ramp to stay put.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Air bag is the only possible saving grace.
Notice the sand put down on the pavement - to grip and allow
slight movement as needed.
Martin

Tim Wescott wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 24, 11:16 pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

--
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

Amazing!

Rupert didn't even wear a helmet.

The announcer says "Don't do this at home."

jsw

Too high for a helmet to make much difference, except at the start.

Too low for a parachute.

Daredevil machine operators -- it's certainly an interesting new niche!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:02:41 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn"
scrawled the following:

Notice the track fit in a slot. The top held the track while
the bottom held it - in a slant, they bound the track in place.

Quality hand and eye control that one had!

I thought it looked a bit jumpy every once in awhile, myself. With the
newer controls, that should have been smooth as silk.

Speaking of quality, did you guys see who was in the studio? It was
the Spice Girls! Posh and Baby Spice on either side of the host.
Yummy!

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 26, 8:20*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:02:41 -0500, the infamous "Martin H. Eastburn"
scrawled the following:

Notice the track fit in a slot. *The top held the track while
the bottom held it - in a slant, they bound the track in place.

Quality hand and eye control that one had!

I thought it looked a bit jumpy every once in awhile, myself. With the
newer controls, that should have been smooth as silk.

Speaking of quality, did you guys see who was in the studio? *It was
the Spice Girls! *Posh and Baby Spice on either side of the host.
Yummy!

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Oprah Winfrey

Aren't you even a little bit embarrassed to be able to identify the
Spice Girls?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/26/2010 6:43 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Aren't you even a little bit embarrassed to be able to identify the
Spice Girls?

Larry is *hopeless* naming the guys in the boy bands.
I swear, can't do a thing with him.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 26, 8:20*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:

Speaking of quality, did you guys see who was in the studio? *It was
the Spice Girls! *Posh and Baby Spice on either side of the host.
Yummy!

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Oprah Winfrey

TV has rotted your brain, you need a hobby. Ever consider metalworking?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:54:24 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Ayup. Hey, why haven't you plonked that ****** yet?

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:05:42 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Mar 26, 8:20*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:

Speaking of quality, did you guys see who was in the studio? *It was
the Spice Girls! *Posh and Baby Spice on either side of the host.
Yummy!

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Oprah Winfrey

TV has rotted your brain, you need a hobby. Ever consider metalworking?

Hey, in 5 more days, it will be April 2010. That marks my 3rd year
without a satellite feed. I'm TV-free, and Crom, I do NOT miss TV
commercials. I've also eschewed radio for its commercials. My
entertainment is: occasional music (when I wash the month's dishes)
via Pandora.com (free to listen, commercial-free music) and movies via
Netflix, both via mail and watching online.

Once things slow down a bit, I'll have more time to finish cleaning
out the shop so I can get back in there and work. I do a little bit
of metalwork and a bit more woodwork...when I can find a square foot
to stand in. sigh

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/27/2010 7:18 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:54:24 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

On 3/26/2010 6:43 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Aren't you even a little bit embarrassed to be able to identify the
Spice Girls?

Larry is *hopeless* naming the guys in the boy bands.
I swear, can't do a thing with him.

Ayup. Hey, why haven't you plonked that ****** yet?

I propose we split the group into rec.crafts.metalworking
and rec.plonk.******.politics

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 27, 7:06*pm, Winston wrote:

I propose we split the group into rec.crafts.metalworking
and rec.plonk.******.politics

--Winston

Do what I do, apply the z-plane transformation, z = x + iy, where i is
the square root of -1.
Metal is real, politics imaginary.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 27, 7:06 pm, *wrote:

I propose we split the group into rec.crafts.metalworking
and rec.plonk.******.politics

--Winston

Do what I do, apply the z-plane transformation, z = x + iy, where i is
the square root of -1.
Metal is real, politics imaginary.

jsw

Heh! * *

--Winston

Lewis Carroll was a mathematician, you know. The axis of iy points
down the rabbit hole.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/28/2010 5:03 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

(...)

Lewis Carroll was a mathematician, you know. The axis of iy points
down the rabbit hole.

jsw

Optimal!

As soon as the last politico crawls in, I'll be there to
roll a very real boulder on top of the opening.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 28, 4:41*pm, Winston wrote:
On 3/28/2010 5:03 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

(...)

Lewis Carroll was a mathematician, you know. The axis of iy points
down the rabbit hole.
jsw

Optimal!
As soon as the last politico crawls in, I'll be there to
roll a very real boulder on top of the opening.

--Winston

You know where they come from???
Roll it now so no more slither OUT.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:25:51 -0600, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

In , on Sat, 27 Mar 2010
07:24:21 -0700, Larry Jaques, lid wrote:

I've also eschewed radio for its commercials. My
entertainment is: occasional music (when I wash the month's dishes)
via Pandora.com (free to listen, commercial-free music)

Thanks for mentioning that. I have several stations
setup now, and was initially impressed with the site's
ability to "connect the dots" and only play stuff I
like.
Later stations I set up didn't perform nearly as
well but at least I have about 5 I really like.

I completely gave up on my original music station. They have a very
odd tendency to play anything they wished on it. If you added a song
by ABC, it added all songs by them. If you killed a song by xyz, it
killed only that song. Their logic sucks.

I went back to them when they came up with the canned stations. I
listen to the jazz fusion station, new age instrumental station (for
George Winston and Liz Story, primarily), chicago blues station, delta
blues station, string ensemble station (classical, but too for me),
and electric blues station.

I'm really into piano instrumentals this year for some reason.

Alas, nobody reacted to the "month's dishes" taunt.

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

Maybe you need to improve your Tauntology? ;-)

Tractor question Jack Home Repair 12 April 29th 07 07:56 PM
tractor alternator cmackay UK diy 17 February 15th 06 07:10 PM
tractor help [email protected] Metalworking 11 February 3rd 05 12:07 AM
Can my Craftsman 15.5 hp, 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor use Craftsman 42 in. Deluxe Lawn Tractor Snow Thrower B52 Home Ownership 1 January 14th 04 04:31 PM