Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama is trying to stick it to US Veterans again:

Congressman Cliff Stearns wants you to have the facts about the Senate
Health Care Bill & Veterans

The health care reform bill requires an individual to have “minimum
essential coverage” for health insurance or that person will pay the
individual mandate tax.

The health care bill only explicitly mentions TRICARE for Life as
acceptable coverage.

This means that an unelected bureaucrat will determine if current DOD/VA
programs like:

* CHAMPVA
* TRICARE Prime/Standard/Extra
* the VA Spina Bifida Program for children of Agent Orange victims
* and the VA vocational rehabilitation programs, are insufficient
coverage.

Veterans could be forced to buy a health insurance program on the Health
Exchange in addition to their current TRICARE/CHAMPVA plans.

The House has voted on HR 4887 which would protect TRICARE, but not VA
programs from the Health Care Reform Bill.

Congressman Cliff Stearns (FL-06) is an original cosponsor of HR 4894
(supported by VFW, American Legion, and Disabled American Veterans)
which would explicitly protect CHAMPVA, TRICARE, and ALL VA health care
related programs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Congressman Cliff Stearns wants you to have the facts about the Senate
Health Care Bill & Veterans

The health care reform bill requires an individual to have "minimum
essential coverage" for health insurance or that person will pay the
individual mandate tax.

The health care bill only explicitly mentions TRICARE for Life as
acceptable coverage.

The reason TRICARE is mentioned is that it's being moved to HHS.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 24, 2:14*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
[...]

Liar.

AWOL George Bush is the SOB who screwed vets over.
TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The health care bill only explicitly mentions TRICARE for Life as
acceptable coverage.

The reason TRICARE is mentioned is that it's being moved to HHS.

Does this affect my Uncle, 4 years in the USMC, 16 years in the National Guard and on
TriCare? Oh yeah, uncle really liked the M1, talk about heavy metal Just to stay on
topic.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The health care bill only explicitly mentions TRICARE for Life as
acceptable coverage.

The reason TRICARE is mentioned is that it's being moved to HHS.

Does this affect my Uncle, 4 years in the USMC, 16 years in the
National Guard and on TriCare?

His coverage will improve somewhat.

Oh yeah, uncle really liked the M1,
talk about heavy metal Just to stay on topic.

He'd hate an M4 then. I don't think much of them either.
They are useless in a firefight after about 300 rounds.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

The health care bill only explicitly mentions TRICARE for Life as
acceptable coverage.

The reason TRICARE is mentioned is that it's being moved to HHS.

Does this affect my Uncle, 4 years in the USMC, 16 years in the
National Guard and on TriCare?

His coverage will improve somewhat.

That is good. 20 years of putting your arse in hock should be worth something on the back
end.

Oh yeah, uncle really liked the M1,
talk about heavy metal Just to stay on topic.

He'd hate an M4 then. I don't think much of them either.
They are useless in a firefight after about 300 rounds.

Sorry, he spent his last 16 years with tanks, iirc. I thought the heavy metal was a tell.
I appologize for being imprecise. Now he has to satisfy himself with exploring the
balistics of the .45/70 at long range. He really liked firing the big gun in the Abrams.

But he does like his Garand, made from a cut reciever, and I sure like mine (CMP) after I
rebarreled it. I might be old fashioned but pistols need a have at least a 4 and rifles a
3 when talking calibre.

I'd love to see Col. Hatchers opinon of the .223 but he is long gone. I keep remembering
18" or so of oak when he discussed the .30-06.

Wes

O.T. Veterans : Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 2 November 11th 08 11:14 AM
Veterans Day Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 10 November 13th 07 06:27 PM
Veterans Day Ron Woodworking 9 November 13th 07 04:22 PM
Veterans Day Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 12th 07 05:32 PM
Cheap peel-n-stick floor tile doesn't stick Mike Home Repair 13 June 5th 07 05:31 AM