Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Advice on truck

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.

sounds to expensive. Go to Edmunds.com and research the value.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In the interest of confession, I'm a Chevrolet man.
However..... I'd want to buy a Swap Sheet, or Auto Trader,
and see what others are asking. Probably cost you three
bucks. NADA blue book may also have online look up.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"stryped" wrote in message
I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for
7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has
136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My
curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the
doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the
kids
around.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.

That's the exact truck I use for my daily driver. Nice vehicle. I'd want
more than 7K for mine.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:00:30 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message
I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.

That's the exact truck I use for my daily driver. Nice vehicle. I'd want
more than 7K for mine.

Karl

Anything more than a baseline "stripper" is worth more than 7 grand
unless it's been beat on pretty bad.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:09:54 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.

2 minutes of research on ebay say it's a good deal if it's in nice
shape.

search f150 ford 2006 crew

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.

2 minutes of research on ebay say it's a good deal if it's in nice
shape.

search * f150 ford 2006 crew

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

I am getting close to buying it. It is gray which is not my favorite
color but the price is right.

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think?
I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 25, 8:24*am, stryped wrote:

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think?
I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)

How well will you take care of it, how much can you repair?

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000
miles on it. Is this a good deal? Are these dependable? My curent
truck has 315,000 on it and it is a king cab without the doors. It
wouls be nice to be able to have the extra doors to haul the kids
around.

2 minutes of research on ebay say it's a good deal if it's in nice
shape.

search f150 ford 2006 crew

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

I am getting close to buying it. It is gray which is not my favorite
color but the price is right.

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think?
I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)

If that were local to me, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug!

I bought my current Ford truck with 192K miles on it, for $4500.
Now at 223K (?) and still runs like new.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:05:43 -0500, RBnDFW
wrote:

wrote:

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000

If that were local to me, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug!

I bought my current Ford truck with 192K miles on it, for $4500.
Now at 223K (?) and still runs like new.

If you don't mind an older truck, I'd hold out for something cheaper.
I paid $4200 for a 12 year old F250 with 79K, no problems and not a
speck of rust.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:32:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Mar 25, 8:24*am, stryped wrote:

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think?
I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)

How well will you take care of it, how much can you repair?

How many times will you guys continue to respond to this known troll?
Dayam!

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote:

I have available a silver 2006 f-150 4 door short bed for 7,000. It is
a leased vehicle for a company that my dad works at and has 136,000

If that were local to me, I'd be on it like a duck on a June bug!

I bought my current Ford truck with 192K miles on it, for $4500.
Now at 223K (?) and still runs like new.

If you don't mind an older truck, I'd hold out for something cheaper.
I paid $4200 for a 12 year old F250 with 79K, no problems and not a
speck of rust.

He's going to haul his family around with it - finding GOOD older
trucks at a reasonable cost in about 75% of North America is like
finding a needle in a haystack.
Either they've had the snot driven out of them by some kid, they've
had the tail worked off of them or beat to heck as a working truck,
they've been abused and neglected, or they've rusted away.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 25, 11:46*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:32:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Mar 25, 8:24*am, stryped wrote:

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think?
I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)

How well will you take care of it, how much can you repair?

How many times will you guys continue to respond to this known troll?
Dayam!

Does he remind you of anyone you know, someone you help out but don't
lend tools to?

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:39:03 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Mar 25, 11:46*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:32:43 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jim Wilkins
scrawled the following:

On Mar 25, 8:24*am, stryped wrote:

With 138,000 miles, how long can I get out of this truck do you think?
I believe it has the small v8 engine. (4.6 L maybe???)

How well will you take care of it, how much can you repair?

How many times will you guys continue to respond to this known troll?
Dayam!

Does he remind you of anyone you know, someone you help out but don't
lend tools to?

Thankfully, I know noone like him.

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.

O/T: Dump Truck Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 4 January 11th 10 09:13 PM
TRUCK TOY BOX J T Woodworking 1 November 12th 07 05:11 PM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM
The truck came and went...... Highland Pairos Woodworking 9 February 18th 05 11:16 PM
TRUCK BOX J T Woodworking 4 January 1st 05 06:22 PM