Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Would you buy a new Toyota?

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

No, but it has nothing to do with the unintended-acceleration issue
(which is, at best, a very rare occurrence). My 1990 Toyota pickup
turns out to be almost impossible to work on in comparison to any of my
other cars, and I've got no interest in having another one.

I know the older toyota's were bullet proof. But as to the question on new, heck no,
doesn't matter what brand, I drive 26,000 miles a year. Lease returns are what are most
economic for me. Large probablitiy it was maintained and it was returned with a lot of
life on it.

Now a lease return Toyota, if my Saturn dies soon (only 198000 miles), might be okay if
the price is right.

All the fwd cars are difficult to work on if you grew up on full sized cars back about 40
years ago.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes writes:

All the fwd cars are difficult to work on if you grew up on full sized
cars back about 40 years ago.

All I can do is repeat my experience: my Intrepid, my former Lebaron
Turbo Coupe, and my former Neon are no harder to work on than my '66
Charger and my '78 Newport. Granted, I never had to replace the clutch
on the Neon or Lebaron; on those jobs, no doubt I'd agree with you.

OT Toyota mm Home Repair 56 February 2nd 10 03:57 AM
FIX: Toyota / Fujtsu Ten Limited CD player - Model SD-1619TM1 PN? 08601-00804 / Toyota compact Disc deck 34203 Robin Taylor Electronics Repair 4 August 7th 08 12:29 PM