Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Would you buy a new Toyota?

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

No, but it has nothing to do with the unintended-acceleration issue
(which is, at best, a very rare occurrence). My 1990 Toyota pickup
turns out to be almost impossible to work on in comparison to any of my
other cars, and I've got no interest in having another one.

I know the older toyota's were bullet proof. But as to the question on new, heck no,
doesn't matter what brand, I drive 26,000 miles a year. Lease returns are what are most
economic for me. Large probablitiy it was maintained and it was returned with a lot of
life on it.

Now a lease return Toyota, if my Saturn dies soon (only 198000 miles), might be okay if
the price is right.

All the fwd cars are difficult to work on if you grew up on full sized cars back about 40
years ago.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller