Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Larios Horizontal mill and shop straightening

"Robert Swinney" wrote:

Photo 12. Please rewire it so that a hot
phase isn't on a green wire. Makes me cringe
just looking at it...

That sort of thing will get some one else killed and is criminal. Wiring a shotgun to the
front door is a slightly less serious offense imho.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:49:40 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Robert Swinney" wrote:

Photo 12. Please rewire it so that a hot
phase isn't on a green wire. Makes me cringe
just looking at it...

That sort of thing will get some one else killed and is criminal. Wiring a shotgun to the
front door is a slightly less serious offense imho.

Wes

Yet its common as dirt, wide spread and the numbers of fatalities is
very very small.

But..its still quite unwise.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Yet its common as dirt, wide spread and the numbers of fatalities is
very very small.

But..its still quite unwise.

Yes, I've seen it. I still want whoever did it to live a life of flipping burgers rather
than routing electrons.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Yes, I've seen it. I still want whoever did it to live a life of flipping burgers rather
than routing electrons.

Wes

Ok.

I've seen it most often when 14/3 sjo was used for control cable to two hand controls on a
pedistal. Green was used for power common, white and black were used to go to the NC and
NO contacts on Reese buttons in series. Seems to happen where the only flexible cable in
the shop in stock is for making extension cords.

Wes