Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More pix of this Series II

I reorganized them. The top level directory has pictures that I took
yesterday upon pickip. Taken By Seller directory has pictures that the
seller emailed me earlier. Other Mills has pictures of similar Series
II mills.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Bridgeport-Series-II-CNC/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26053 wrote:

I reorganized them. The top level directory has pictures that I took
yesterday upon pickip. Taken By Seller directory has pictures that the
seller emailed me earlier. Other Mills has pictures of similar Series
II mills.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Bridgeport-Series-II-CNC/

Getting it on and off the trailer wasn't too bad?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-06, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus26053 wrote:

I reorganized them. The top level directory has pictures that I took
yesterday upon pickip. Taken By Seller directory has pictures that the
seller emailed me earlier. Other Mills has pictures of similar Series
II mills.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Bridgeport-Series-II-CNC/

Getting it on and off the trailer wasn't too bad?

Yes and no. On the trailer, no problem. Off the trailer, no problem
too, but we unloaded in my friend's warehouse with a forklift. TO get
it to my home, I will have to take the head with ram off of it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-06, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus26053 wrote:

I reorganized them. The top level directory has pictures that I took
yesterday upon pickip. Taken By Seller directory has pictures that the
seller emailed me earlier. Other Mills has pictures of similar Series
II mills.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Bridgeport-Series-II-CNC/

Getting it on and off the trailer wasn't too bad?

Yes and no. On the trailer, no problem. Off the trailer, no problem
too, but we unloaded in my friend's warehouse with a forklift. TO get
it to my home, I will have to take the head with ram off of it.

I was wondering where it was spending the night. Glad to learn your friend has a fork
lift. Will he let you borrow it to take home in the near future?

Btw, did you get your apron "cut feed / screw feed" interlock issue resolved?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-06, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus26053 wrote:

I reorganized them. The top level directory has pictures that I took
yesterday upon pickip. Taken By Seller directory has pictures that the
seller emailed me earlier. Other Mills has pictures of similar Series
II mills.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Bridgeport-Series-II-CNC/

Getting it on and off the trailer wasn't too bad?

Yes and no. On the trailer, no problem. Off the trailer, no problem
too, but we unloaded in my friend's warehouse with a forklift. TO get
it to my home, I will have to take the head with ram off of it.

I was wondering where it was spending the night. Glad to learn your
friend has a fork lift. Will he let you borrow it to take home in
the near future?

I still need to take off the head and ram assembly, as it would not
fit through the door. Without the head, I can unload myself in 2-3
hours. It is not really a big deal with the head removed.

So my plan is as follows:

1) Take off the head (which is not simple due to many wires and
air/hydraulic lines going to it).

2) Take head home, lift it and suspend from the ceiling above the
intended placement of the mill

3) Bring the mill home, put under the head, lower head on mill.

Btw, did you get your apron "cut feed / screw feed" interlock issue resolved?

No, I fell asleep at 9:30pm yesterday, I was exhausted completely. I
do think that the issue is the position of the cam, and if I can find
the right position for the cam, the lock arm will move in the proper
interval. I may look at it today.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 19:33:18 -0600, Ignoramus26053

On 2010-03-06, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus26053 wrote:

[...]

Be aware that given the amount of 'screen burn" showing on the
monitor..you may have to change it before too long.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-07, Gunner Asch wrote:
Be aware that given the amount of 'screen burn" showing on the
monitor..you may have to change it before too long.

According to the seller, the monitor is already dead.

My plan, as of now, is to junk the whole control and relpace it with a
PC running EMC software. I already have the PC all set up, which is
obviously the easy part.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 13:06:18 -0600, Ignoramus10008

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-07, Gunner Asch wrote:
Be aware that given the amount of 'screen burn" showing on the
monitor..you may have to change it before too long.

According to the seller, the monitor is already dead.

My plan, as of now, is to junk the whole control and relpace it with a
PC running EMC software. I already have the PC all set up, which is
obviously the easy part.

Excellent!!

Thanks. Hopefully the mill will be at my house is 2-3 weeks. It is at
my friend's warehouse right now.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus10008 wrote:

Thanks. Hopefully the mill will be at my house is 2-3 weeks. It is at
my friend's warehouse right now.

Is that a heated warehouse? Reason I ask is about this time of year the snow melts and
cold metal condenses a lot of water out of the air which causes rust.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking