Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bloom Box - metal content too...

cavelamb wrote:

While the politicians (and wannabe critics) are still going on about CO2,
carbon credits, and all

Bloom Power is about to go public.

This is a radical development of fuel cell technology and as best as I can tell
is the real deal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n

Metal content is a cheap allow used to replace platinum for the catalyst.

But Hot Dam!

So does that mean I need to listen to the 60 minutes podcast I downloaded Sunday? Did they
go into it further than this clip? Available on Itunes for those interested.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

While the politicians (and wannabe critics) are still going on about CO2,
carbon credits, and all

Bloom Power is about to go public.

This is a radical development of fuel cell technology and as best as I can tell
is the real deal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n

Metal content is a cheap allow used to replace platinum for the catalyst.

But Hot Dam!

So does that mean I need to listen to the 60 minutes podcast I downloaded Sunday? Did they
go into it further than this clip? Available on Itunes for those interested.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

It looks very compelling, Wes.

They didn't tell any detailed secrets, but you do get to see the innards.
And a superficial explanation of how it works.

But the really interesting part of that show was seeing the boxes are
already at work - Fed-Ex, Google, WalMart, etc.

100 million raised - before a product announcement or public offering
(which may be coming soon)

Interesting stuff!

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

It looks very compelling, Wes.

They didn't tell any detailed secrets, but you do get to see the innards.
And a superficial explanation of how it works.

But the really interesting part of that show was seeing the boxes are
already at work - Fed-Ex, Google, WalMart, etc.

100 million raised - before a product announcement or public offering
(which may be coming soon)

Sounds like they have 400M invested iirc. I listened to the podcast. The Blackwater
mountain strike and lack of progress on WTC was very depressing.

Interesting stuff!

Yes it is. Now to find out lifecycle costs and true efficiency vs a NG powered turbine.
Didn't get any details on how power is actually harvested other than the claim it is
generated with 2x efficiency of NG turbine power plant.

Didn't get any discussion of the wireless transmission aspect. Btw, how do they make AC,
I doubt the process makes anything other than DC.

I hope this is real.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Sounds like they have 400M invested iirc. I listened to the podcast. The Blackwater
mountain strike and lack of progress on WTC was very depressing.
Interesting stuff!

Yes it is. Now to find out lifecycle costs and true efficiency vs a NG powered turbine.
Didn't get any details on how power is actually harvested other than the claim it is
generated with 2x efficiency of NG turbine power plant.

Didn't get any discussion of the wireless transmission aspect. Btw, how do they make AC,
I doubt the process makes anything other than DC.

I think by that they meant that there were no power wires TO the box.
It would still have wires coming put.

And it does have natural gas plumbing coming in, so it's not like a miracle.

I hope this is real.

It would certainly be timely.

My question is - who will be the loyal opposition?
The entrenched money?

Wes

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

My question is - who will be the loyal opposition?
The entrenched money?

I'm sure the enviro'mentalists' will find something wrong with it, after all, it emits
carbon.

As to who's rice bowl gets broken, I wouldn't want to be making gas turbines if this
technology scales and has a long lifespan.

Living where heating is pretty important, I wonder what the effects of increased use of NG
for generation wil have on heating fuel costs.

Wes