Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bloom Box - metal content too...

On Feb 22, 6:25*pm, cavelamb wrote:
While the politicians (and wannabe critics) are still going on about CO2,
carbon credits, and all

Bloom Power is about to go public.

This is a radical development of fuel cell technology and as best as I can tell
is the real deal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n

Metal content is a cheap allow used to replace platinum for the catalyst.

But Hot Dam!

--

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/

I am surprised there has been no discussion on this.

I saw the 60 Minutes show on it ...and if it is for real (which it
seems to be) and competitive (no numbers for that yet but it does seem
to be), this could be the real deal.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/23/2010 12:00 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 22, 6:25 pm, wrote:
While the politicians (and wannabe critics) are still going on about CO2,
carbon credits, and all

Bloom Power is about to go public.

This is a radical development of fuel cell technology and as best as I can tell
is the real deal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6228923n

Metal content is a cheap allow used to replace platinum for the catalyst.

But Hot Dam!

--

Richard Lambhttp://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/

I am surprised there has been no discussion on this.

I saw the 60 Minutes show on it ...and if it is for real (which it
seems to be) and competitive (no numbers for that yet but it does seem
to be), this could be the real deal.

TMT

It would be nice if it is. It's taken supposedly 400 million in private
venture capital to get it going. But before you credit the free market
for this success you have to remember that the government is just as
important. They were talking about this on CNBC today and how much the
companies like Google, WalMart, Ebay, and some others who already have
this technology at work are getting both state and federal tax credits
and subsidies to the point where the 700 million dollar cost of a
Bloombox is cut in half. So as is always the case, as much as new
innovation comes out of the private sector at least as much is coming
from the government.

Hawke