Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default SOME metal content

http://www.yumabassman.com/pictures/...y/DSCF1396.JPG
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

http://www.yumabassman.com/pictures/...y/DSCF1396.JPG

I went on my Sunday heart healthy hike today along the North Country Trail and the only
trash I saw was this.

http://garage-machinist.com/usenet/rcm/pbr.jpg

I'm sure there are some metal bottle tops near by to make it on topic.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
http://www.yumabassman.com/pictures/...y/DSCF1396.JPG

wow. congratulations to that guy. (presumably picked up someone else's
garbage while he was out on a bass fishing trip.)

b.w.

(i helped organize a "litter pick up day" the past two years on three local
roads near me, about 4 miles total. the town graciously agreed to pick up
what we collected but we got in trouble for having picked up stuff that was
further than the prescribed 15 feet from the edge of the road. the
landowner along those roads is COMPLETELY unresponsive to removing the ugly
eyesore garbage. last saturday i bagged up 7 bags of garbage someone had
thrown there a couple years ago, disgusting disposable diaper jell wads,
etc. i've become protective of those roads. i noticed one of the people
who lives along that road was having a new sidewalk put in at his house and
he or his contractor was dumping the brick/concrete rubble down the bank
across the road onto someone else's property (farmland). we'd JUST picked
up the litter there this past april where he was throwing his garbage so it
****ed me off to see that obviously man-made rubble there. i went to the
police and was astonished they were COMPLETELY unhelpful. asked me if i was
the landowner, told me "it's not garbage", the landowner would have to file
a complaint (as i said before, the lawyer who's managing the land for the
absentee landowner is COMPLETELY unresponsive, they're only just trying to
develop the 600 acre plot, they don't care what it looks like to the
neighbors until then, strewn with garbage.) i was totally shocked at the
police (zero) response.) i went to the town hall and the supervisor sent
the highway superintendent to check it out and when i followed up i was told
it was further than 15 feet from the edge of the road and it's not the
town's responsibility. so that brick rubble will either stay there till the
next ice age or when they develop the land (proposed 300 house development,
more houses than in the current village) maybe they'll have to pick it up.

i hope the guy in the picture didn't have to pay to get rid of the tires
out of his own pocket.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:29:48 -0400, Wes wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

http://www.yumabassman.com/pictures/...y/DSCF1396.JPG

I went on my Sunday heart healthy hike today along the North Country Trail and the only
trash I saw was this.

http://garage-machinist.com/usenet/rcm/pbr.jpg

I'm sure there are some metal bottle tops near by to make it on topic.

Wes

Around here, them's dimes. When we operated our store next to the beer
store parking lot (in Canada, we have government operated stores that
sell only beer. What better way to collect the sin taxes!) I used to
comment that I found three dimes on the lawn this morning - customers
thought I had real good eyesight!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada