Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bid screwup!

This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.
http://www.lincolncountyrecord.com/pages/100218_errors
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 19, 12:37*pm, Jeff wrote:
This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.http://www.lincolncountyrecord.com/pages/100218_errors

What is your point? This happens quite often. Were you one of the
bidders?

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The bidders made stipulations which are amendments to the bid. None was
accepted, do a rebid. So what is the point of the post?

Jeff wrote:
This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.
http://www.lincolncountyrecord.com/pages/100218_errors

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeff" wrote in message
.com...
This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.
http://www.lincolncountyrecord.com/pages/100218_errors

More than likely there was one honest contractor who pointed out
discrepancies and UBC or other code problems with the original bid request.
Its standard practice for a lot of contractors to bid a job as written and
then after receiving it point out the problems and screw the client on
change orders.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
s.com...
This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.
http://www.lincolncountyrecord.com/pages/100218_errors

More than likely there was one honest contractor who pointed out
discrepancies and UBC or other code problems with the original bid request.
Its standard practice for a lot of contractors to bid a job as written and
then after receiving it point out the problems and screw the client on
change orders.

If your scenario is true, I hope that honest contractor eventually gets the contract.
After all, he has already performed valuable work analyzing the specifications and
pointing out errors to the school district. I wonder if the engineering firm will reduce
their fees for the errors that delayed the project?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:48:36 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

. I wonder if the engineering firm will reduce

their fees for the errors that delayed the project?

Wes

Not a chance, around here engineering firms F/U all the time and
charge extra to fix the problems. If I was on the school board or
city council there would be a list of firms that would be flat out
denied the right to bid on all future work.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

. *I wonder if the engineering firm will reduce

their fees for the errors that delayed the project?

Wes

Not a chance, around here engineering firms F/U all the time and
charge extra to fix the problems. * If I was on the school board or
city council there would be a list of firms that would be flat out
denied the right to bid on all future work.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

And you wonder why the engineering firms carry errors and omissions
insurance. The engineer our town insists on using over and over again
****s up a couple of major jobs every year and is never held
accountable. The mind boggles.

Denying a firm the right to bid is not a very simple process.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

. *I wonder if the engineering firm will reduce
their fees for the errors that delayed the project?

Wes

Not a chance, around here engineering firms F/U all the time and
charge extra to fix the problems. * If I was on the school board or
city council there would be a list of firms that would be flat out
denied the right to bid on all future work.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

And you wonder why the engineering firms carry errors and omissions
insurance. The engineer our town insists on using over and over again
****s up a couple of major jobs every year and is never held
accountable. The mind boggles.

Denying a firm the right to bid is not a very simple process.

The classic way to do it is to include "past performance" as an explicit
criteria for scoring bids.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article
,

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

[...]

Another one I see from time to time from the engineers is wording to the
affect of... "and if its wrong the contractor will fix it."