Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default Breadmachine screwup

I have a Regalware breadmaker, model 6726. Recently it has make
'hammer' noise when first starting the mixing. Today I found the
problem. The mixer? agitator? whatever, the the shaft that turns the
little paddle is almost too stiff to force to move. The book says:

DO NOT IMMERSE BREAD PAN IN WATER. Yes, in caps and in bold print at
that. Ah well, seems I forgot that little detail over the years and
recently started sticking the bread pan in the dishwasher - obviously
the wrong thing to do.

So I figure. O.K. Just call the company and order a new bread pan.
Nope, company seems to be out of business. Phone number no longer
good, website also.

So: The shaft is held with a circlip. I can remove it after I get a
circlip pliers in the next few days but what type of lubricant is
required?

Has anyone out there had this problem and, if so, did they solve it?

Does anyone have a working bread pan that will fit this machine?

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Try heating the pan in a regular oven in case all that is wrong is the
rubber seal is swolen with water. When you have it apart, look for an
O-ring that may be damaged.

The only lubricant likely to survive those temps and not be toxic would be
something silicone based.

If the bearing seal is all messed up and you are concerned about leakage,
you may be able to use cooking oil but will need to replenish regularly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't considered heating it. I discovered the
problem after my last loaf the other day. It started with several hard
"hammers" but then loosened up so it isn't froze solid.

Harry K