Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sorta OT... Metal Shipping Containers (Ocean) Anyone?

Anyone have a good source for full sized shipping containers at a decent
cost or donation to a charity?

Looking for one or two that are still able to be shipped (good condition) to
send overseas for a charity in a few months...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Overseas where?

Ghana, West Africa.

What with the recent economic downturn, its likely that the recuced
demand for shipping has left a few of these strewn around the globe. Its
cheaper to find one near the intended destination than to have one
shipped (unless you can put stuff in it that's got to go there anyway).

Agreed. We have at least 3-4 containers worth of goods being shipped
over... The plan is to purchase one and use it as storage on-site of our
long term project over there at the very least.

If we get it on time, we will build it into a "library" of sorts for the
folks we are serving and pack the free space with goods and ship it.

Ownership of one container in the end is our goal, and prepping it prior to
shipment is our goal...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Ghana, West Africa.

And this is a worthy project. I saw the FB pictures Joe has put up.
These people are desperately poor. I think my bathroom might be better
outfitted for medical emergencies than the hospital. And from his
commentary on the pictures, they are not looking for ongoing handouts,
but a hand up so they can better make their own way.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ghana, West Africa.

And this is a worthy project. I saw the FB pictures Joe has put up. These
people are desperately poor. I think my bathroom might be better outfitted
for medical emergencies than the hospital. And from his commentary on the
pictures, they are not looking for ongoing handouts, but a hand up so they
can better make their own way.

Jon

Kudos for the support. ...And exactly correct.

Eveything we do is to empower them and not just a handout. If it matters,
I've been working with teens since the 1990's here in a suburb of NYC and
within minutes of Newark, NJ... I get the whole "don't just give, empower"
thing relatively well.

For those who want to see the photos and my comments, you can go he

http://tinyurl.com/Ghana2010

Make sure to click on the first photo and view them LARGE so you can see the
comments, etc.