Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Socket on a stick

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:16:56 -0500, the infamous "Steve W."
scrawled the following:

Jon Danniken wrote:
Here a tool I made this week, I call it a socket on a stick. I made it to
attach the water lines to my bathroom sink, as there isn't enough clearance
up there to tighten it with a wrench (you can barely get yer fingers up in
there).

The socket was fifty cents from a pawnshop, which was cut using a thin
abrasive disk in an angle grinder. I left a small shoulder on the base of
the socket to keep it from sliding off of the hexagon nut it will tighten.

The socket and the stick were welded together using 6013 GMAW rod and a
Miller buzzbox; I was very surprised at how easy it was to weld these
together (yes my welds look like turkeysh*t, but they will function in this
application).

Here's a few more thousand words:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/SocketStick01.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/SocketStick02.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/SocketStick03.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/SocketStick04.jpg

Jon

Is it anything like a Jalapeño on a stick ? :-)

Hah! Jeff Dunham's great, isn't he? Wow, _five_ voices
bam/bam/bam/bam/bam. Tough act!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=74761 51

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And