Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Why is California broke?

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Huh?
Being the swinginest dick on the block means forcing your will on others
with whatever means are at your disposal.

I thought those that support Obama hate how we do that. You can take it as his base so it
isn't personal. Am I missing something?

There isn't another nation on the planet that is even close to the US in
military capacity or capability.

At the moment, I agree.

We have so much power beyond the rest of the world we think we can endlessly
**** it away.

That is what I worry about

We can't, but the United States is far from having shot its bolt Wes.

I really think it is time to get some of our allies to shoulder some of the load.
Economically, we have some tough times coming, lots of IOU's are due.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Huh?
Being the swinginest dick on the block means forcing your will on
others with whatever means are at your disposal.

I thought those that support Obama hate how we do that. You can take
it as his base so it isn't personal. Am I missing something?

It isn't necessary to screw every tramp in town to prove you're packin'.

There isn't another nation on the planet that is even close to the
US in military capacity or capability.

At the moment, I agree.

We have so much power beyond the rest of the world we think we can
endlessly **** it away.

That is what I worry about

Ok, but about ten years to late.
Police actions are a lot easier to begin than they are to finish. Bush and
his administration took the wrong lesson from the 60's.
The Russians couldn't bring Afghanistan to heel, nor will we. Not with boots
anyway.
There also isn't any need to do so. I'll send you a couple of pictures
taken last month in Khan Neshin .
You couldn't bomb the place back to the stone age because you'd be bombing
it ahead into the future.

We can't, but the United States is far from having shot its bolt Wes.

I really think it is time to get some of our allies to shoulder some
of the load.

Our allies are smarter than we are in this regard. Their "war on terror"
started 40 years before ours did.
They won through the application of their police and intelligence services,
not their armies.

Economically, we have some tough times coming, lots of
IOU's are due.

We have some tough times right now.
The IOU's coming due now were largely accumulated under Reagan and then
Bush.
With Pay-Go, deficit spending came to an end for a bit under Clinton.

--
John R. Carroll

If it ain't broke why fix it? [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 19th 08 08:56 PM
California movers, moving companies, Los Angeles movers World Moving& Storage, a Los Angeles California moving company. We have the mostexperienced movers for all your residential, office or apartment relocationneeds, serving Los Angeles, San Fra linkswanted Home Repair 0 January 30th 08 12:07 AM
Whence the term "California Roof" or "California Rake"? ChitaShines Home Repair 22 November 9th 06 02:04 PM
Is my TS broke? RayV Woodworking 7 May 9th 06 02:49 AM
Just broke down and got some Stickley Mike Reed Woodworking 7 February 16th 06 03:57 PM