Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default #126 or 128 roller chain

All ye with great google foo: anyone have a source for #126 or 128
roller chain? A friend is running some equipment with that (under) size
chain, breaks it frequently, supervisor is really on his case since they
can't source the chain.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And that size means what? Go to the Tsubaki website and get your sizing right. There are two families metric and inch and many
different strength, durability, speed and corrosion resistance choices. Speed, shock and the lack of lubrication kill chains. The
very best chains are designed for motorcycles. They are in a class by themselves.
Steve

"RoyJ" wrote in message m...
All ye with great google foo: anyone have a source for #126 or 128 roller chain? A friend is running some equipment with that
(under) size chain, breaks it frequently, supervisor is really on his case since they can't source the chain.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Lusardi wrote:

And that size means what? Go to the Tsubaki website and get your sizing right. There are two families metric and inch and many
different strength, durability, speed and corrosion resistance choices. Speed, shock and the lack of lubrication kill chains. The
very best chains are designed for motorcycles. They are in a class by themselves.

I would think that tail rotor chains on a helicopter would be the
best?

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm fairly sure the size designation is the problem. The machine is
vintage early 80's, someone put in either a very odd ball chain or there
is some disconnect between the parts manual (whence the #126) and the
real chain. Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder if it means **126 LINKS***?

The chain runs in a TERRIBLE environment, water, salt, dirt, rocks,
occasional frozen deer, with large rotating mass and nasty shock loads.
I suspect that a good motorcycle chain would be the ticket.

I've requested an actual measurement on the machine. It needs to thaw
out before that is going to happen.

Steve Lusardi wrote:
And that size means what? Go to the Tsubaki website and get your sizing
right. There are two families metric and inch and many different
strength, durability, speed and corrosion resistance choices. Speed,
shock and the lack of lubrication kill chains. The very best chains are
designed for motorcycles. They are in a class by themselves.
Steve

m...