Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Palmgren rotary table info?

I purchased an 8" Palmgren rotary table at Cabin Fever. The bearing for
the end of the wormscrew is loose and must be made fast. Is there a
recommended procedure to getting the table apart?

Kevin Gallimore
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

axolotl wrote:

I purchased an 8" Palmgren rotary table at Cabin Fever. The bearing for
the end of the wormscrew is loose and must be made fast. Is there a
recommended procedure to getting the table apart?

Kevin Gallimore

Don't those tables have a way to disengage the worm so you can
orient the table quickly? I dunno.

You could ask Palmgren. What's the worst thing they could say?

Palmgren Steel Products, Inc.
914 North Kilbourn Avenue
Chicago, IL 60651

773-265-5700
800-621-6145 (toll-free)
773-265-5740 (fax)

email:

--Winston

--
Machining can only occur between one Catholic and one Bridgeport.

Other people and machines can continue to enjoy their hobby within
a Mechanical Partnership but to protect our fine tradition, they
must be prevented from actually Machining. To grant them the ability
to Machine would ruin this traditional institution for Catholics,
Bridgeports and everyone and everything else.

Do we think that a Unitarian and her Deckel has any valid claim to
the freedom and sanctity of Machining? Of course not!
We cannot risk validating this gravely unjust pairing; to
recognize it would send the wrong message to our precious youth.
Who knows how many young lives have been utterly ruined because
of the non-procreative destruction of perfectly acceptable surfaces by
non-Catholics using non-Bridgeports?

No other form can be considered as an equivalent to this natural
relationship out of whose love tools are born.

Join me to protect the unique social and legal status of Machining
for everyone in the 21st century!