Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bad Idea

That's a bad idea. Hey, how about, THAT'S A BAD IDEA using this this way
for now because I can't afford to buy 57 specialty pieces of equipment.

1. Some of us can't afford to have eight or nine or even two or three
different pieces of top of the line equipment. We have to come up with a
way to make the one cheap piece of equipment we could afford work.

2. I am reluctant to share any of my ideas in this group due to this.
Maybe it is a bad idea, maybe its just not the perfect idea. Maybe your
boss lets you do personal projects on his 50K 5 or 6 axis machine while
simultaneously using his other equipment to modify his tools for your
personal use. Most of the rest of us have to make do with what we can
afford out of our own pocket.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Q Public" wrote in message
That's a bad idea. Hey, how about, THAT'S A BAD IDEA using this this
way for now because I can't afford to buy 57 specialty pieces of
equipment.

1. Some of us can't afford to have eight or nine or even two or three
different pieces of top of the line equipment. We have to come up with a
way to make the one cheap piece of equipment we could afford work.

2. I am reluctant to share any of my ideas in this group due to this.
Maybe it is a bad idea, maybe its just not the perfect idea. Maybe your
boss lets you do personal projects on his 50K 5 or 6 axis machine while
simultaneously using his other equipment to modify his tools for your
personal use. Most of the rest of us have to make do with what we can
afford out of our own pocket.

Dude, you have to let it roll off your back. I have posted as many "bad
ideas" as anybody. Post your bad idea, let the naysayers bash it. Then
take any specifics they mention that make sense to modify your idea, and
just do what you have to do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Q Public" wrote in message
That's a bad idea. Hey, how about, THAT'S A BAD IDEA using this this
way for now because I can't afford to buy 57 specialty pieces of
equipment.

1. Some of us can't afford to have eight or nine or even two or three
different pieces of top of the line equipment. We have to come up with a
way to make the one cheap piece of equipment we could afford work.

2. I am reluctant to share any of my ideas in this group due to this.
Maybe it is a bad idea, maybe its just not the perfect idea. Maybe your
boss lets you do personal projects on his 50K 5 or 6 axis machine while
simultaneously using his other equipment to modify his tools for your
personal use. Most of the rest of us have to make do with what we can
afford out of our own pocket.

When I first asked a machinist to teach me stuff he handed me a hacksaw and
a file.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Q Public wrote:
That's a bad idea. Hey, how about, THAT'S A BAD IDEA using this this
way for now because I can't afford to buy 57 specialty pieces of equipment.

1. Some of us can't afford to have eight or nine or even two or three
different pieces of top of the line equipment. We have to come up with
a way to make the one cheap piece of equipment we could afford work.

2. I am reluctant to share any of my ideas in this group due to this.
Maybe it is a bad idea, maybe its just not the perfect idea. Maybe your
boss lets you do personal projects on his 50K 5 or 6 axis machine while
simultaneously using his other equipment to modify his tools for your
personal use. Most of the rest of us have to make do with what we can
afford out of our own pocket.

What are we talking about here, did I miss something?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:30:25 -0700, "John Q Public"
wrote:

That's a bad idea. Hey, how about, THAT'S A BAD IDEA using this this way
for now because I can't afford to buy 57 specialty pieces of equipment.

About what are you blathering, man?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:03:54 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

[...]

What's with the high tech tools. When I started as an apprentice boy
they handed me a broom :-)

Regards,

J.B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

What are we talking about here, did I miss something?

Must be a a previous thread...I'm looking...
RR

Water Heater Flushing: Good idea or bad idea? VQ Home Repair 16 November 20th 17 04:14 AM
Lowering Lathe Speeds With A Rheostadt. OK idea? Bad idea? KIMOSABE Woodworking 7 February 19th 09 05:30 PM
Good Idea - Bad Idea Carl Metalworking 0 December 16th 08 04:56 PM
Any idea what this is please? Nick UK diy 64 December 13th 08 08:52 PM
Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM