Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] jbslocum@gmail.com is offline

Default Bad Idea

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:03:54 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

"John Q Public" wrote in message
That's a bad idea. Hey, how about, THAT'S A BAD IDEA using this this
way for now because I can't afford to buy 57 specialty pieces of
equipment.

1. Some of us can't afford to have eight or nine or even two or three
different pieces of top of the line equipment. We have to come up with a
way to make the one cheap piece of equipment we could afford work.

2. I am reluctant to share any of my ideas in this group due to this.
Maybe it is a bad idea, maybe its just not the perfect idea. Maybe your
boss lets you do personal projects on his 50K 5 or 6 axis machine while
simultaneously using his other equipment to modify his tools for your
personal use. Most of the rest of us have to make do with what we can
afford out of our own pocket.

When I first asked a machinist to teach me stuff he handed me a hacksaw and
a file.

What's with the high tech tools. When I started as an apprentice boy
they handed me a broom :-)

Regards,

J.B.