Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rant: TV commercials -- you proly won't believe this....

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 19:14:10 -0800, BottleBob
wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

Didja catch dat??

18 1/2 minutes out of 59, which calcs out to a staggering 31% commercial
time.

EA:

I just timed the commercials on the Channel 4 (NBC Los Angeles) 6:00
news. Local news from 6:00 to 6:30 and National News from 6:30 to 7:00.

I timed 16 minutes 50 seconds of commercial time. Now about 2 minutes
of that commercial time was advertising their own late night news at 11:00.
But still, IMO, that's a LOT of commercials for a prime time network
news program.
Oh, one other detail. The commercials didn't start until 10 minutes
into both news programs. My presumption being, to "hook" you first if
you happened to be channel surfing - then sock it to you later.

On a different note, I remember years ago that it was stated that
Japanese TV stations would show the exact same commercial bact to back
up to 8 to 10 times for short ones. I have no direct knowledge of
this, and they've probably stopped the process by now. But I know how
irked I get to see two of the same commercials in a row.

Ummm Bob, Stop It !

LMAO

DB