Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remember those Comcast commercials?

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:14:37 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you
don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels
below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

They have a promotion where you get one digital box for the same
price as the expanded basic. I agree if you have lots of TV type
stuff (DVR,DVD-R,VCR) you need more boxes. Then satellite really
starts looking good.

Don't you have to have extra boxes with satellite also?

I have multiple tuner cards in my PC, plus a few TVs.

Anyone have any expertise on controlling more than one settop boxes from a PC
for BeyondTV recordings?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you
don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only
channels below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the
change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

They have a promotion where you get one digital box for the same
price as the expanded basic. I agree if you have lots of TV type
stuff (DVR,DVD-R,VCR) you need more boxes. Then satellite really
starts looking good.

Don't you have to have extra boxes with satellite also?

I have multiple tuner cards in my PC, plus a few TVs.

Anyone have any expertise on controlling more than one settop boxes from a
PC for BeyondTV recordings?

You might find some help at:

http://thegreenbutton.com/default.aspx

Cheer,
Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

Dumped Comcast a long time ago. Satellite beats Comcast.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

wrote:

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

Dumped Comcast a long time ago. Satellite beats Comcast.

Which satellite company?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Losing "cable ready" is going to be a good incentive to just lose
cable.

Yep, that's pretty much gonna be my experience as well; I'm kind of glad
that they're doing it for me.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

Weren't they the ones who tried to completely turn off analog on their
Chicago system because the "government required them to do it"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't
need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below
29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.

Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

Dumped Comcast a long time ago. �Satellite beats Comcast.

Which satellite company?

dish network and a DVR digital video recorder.

schedules are mine to create, skip thru commercials and replay funny
stuff or gorgeous gals.

one nite my wife spotted a topless gal on a beach scene on CBS.

the local stATION SAID ONLY FOLKS WITH dvrS WOULD OF CAUGHT IT

Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
Bob F wrote:
They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast
cable, you don't need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in
Seattle, only channels below 29 will be available without a settop
box. Exact date unknown for the change. Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go
next?

Weren't they the ones who tried to completely turn off analog on their
Chicago system because the "government required them to do it"?

They said exactly that to me about the change above.