Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default anyone want a 64 tooth change gear for a small crafstman/atlas?

with two missing teeth? should be easy enough to repair, there is not a lot
of torque on these so a wedge of aluminum glued in should work - free if
you want it - I'm going to list a complete 109-20630 lathe if a local buyer
doesn't get it by tomorrow, and this gear turned up as I was making up a
complete set of change gears for it. just pay postage

in researching this lathe, I ran across a cool article on some mods to make
it a lot better, here
http://www.deansphotographica.com/ma.../109/109a.html

If anyone on this NG is interested in the lathe, we can try to reach a
deal - find me via the email address on my web site below

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
with two missing teeth? should be easy enough to repair, there is not a
lot of torque on these so a wedge of aluminum glued in should work - free
if you want it - I'm going to list a complete 109-20630 lathe if a local
buyer doesn't get it by tomorrow, and this gear turned up as I was making
up a complete set of change gears for it. just pay postage

in researching this lathe, I ran across a cool article on some mods to
make it a lot better, here
http://www.deansphotographica.com/ma.../109/109a.html

If anyone on this NG is interested in the lathe, we can try to reach a
deal - find me via the email address on my web site below

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

I have a Craftmans lathe. All the gear sets, etc. Problem is the gears do
not stay engaged while machining. Maybe I am driving the spindle too fast,
etc. Other thing is getting the gibs adjusted. Sucks! Either too tight,
too loose, or tight at one end and loose at the other end. Need to take
some time and research the lathe.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill McKee" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

read the stuff at the link above - he has some really good ideas and shows
how his improvements affected the capability of the little lathe.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

But I have buy a mill to build his fixes. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill McKee" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

Indeed - or you have to persuade someone else to let you use their mill -
you can use mine, but I'll bet I'm too far away for that to be practical

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
[...]

I need to hit a big lotto to buy more land for a bigger shop. :}

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill McKee" wrote:

I need to hit a big lotto to buy more land for a bigger shop. :}

I'd have to actually waste my money on a ticket first.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:50:06 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Bill McKee" wrote:

I need to hit a big lotto to buy more land for a bigger shop. :}

I'd have to actually waste my money on a ticket first.

Wes

Since Im not an illegal alien, or foreign national here in the
US...based on the national identity of the average winner here in
California...shrug..there is no sense for me to buy a ticket.

Im a white American citizen of California..so I have a near zero chance
of winning.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766