Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dear Grim Reaper...

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Tell me Wes, did you ever text the guy?

No, I did not. I thought about what to say to a guy heading off to
war that was uplifting and came up empty. After a few days of coming
up empty, I (conveniently) forgot about it.

Your post jogged my memory. I still don't know what to say. Thanks
seems like too little and I hope you make it back in one piece too
grim.

You might want to save this for future use:

" Godspeed, Good Luck. 300 million Americans like me who you don't know will
be as happy as the ones you do the day you get home."

You see Wes, these guys know the people in their daily lives are concerned.
It's the ones that aren't known to them that count.
That would be you.

I am concerned. I'm not sure this nation or this administration fully backs Afghanistan.
I don't understand our goals either. We sure can't make a nation out of this. Iraq
maybe.

I was not impressed with GWB and his efforts or our allies other than the UK. This was
supposed to be the good war. So many of our NATO allies are only supplying
non-combatants.

Giving this fine young man a rah rah would make me feel like a hypocrite giving my
feelings on this theater of war. I never figured out Iraq either given Iran is the one
working on nukes. Seems like we hit the wrong country.

I don't know how others responded or how many bothered. At least a few must
have and those responses were taken to heart.

I am grateful than men like him will march off to fight for this country. Just don't
expect me to egg him on if my heart isn't in it.

Please don't think I do not admire his devotion to our country. These young men and now
women that head off into the war are our best.

Do you think I could text these feelings to him? You asked me to do something that may
have seemed easy to do since we both admire those that have served our country. If I was
with the program it would have been no problem but you didn't know how I felt.

Enjoy the holiday Wes.

Thanks. You and yours also.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Dear Grim Reaper... Wes[_2_] Metalworking 12 December 25th 09 01:53 AM
Dear Grim Reaper... Wes[_2_] Metalworking 1 December 23rd 09 04:46 AM
Dear Grim Reaper... Wes[_2_] Metalworking 1 December 23rd 09 12:51 AM
OT Grim if true. cm[_2_] Woodworking 13 June 11th 09 03:28 PM
Well, the world is certainly looking grim, isn't it? 37538 Rich Grise Electronics Repair 4 October 26th 07 01:03 AM