Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Grim if true.

I know I have seen a large increase in Burka wearing women in the Phoenix
area in the last two years. I still prefer summer dresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

Very grim if true.

cm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 5, 10:02*am, "cm" wrote:
I know I have seen a large increase in Burka wearing women in the Phoenix
area in the last two years. I still prefer summer dresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

Very grim if true.

That's one way to look at it.

Things are supposed to change.

If they didn't, we would all still be swinging from the trees instead
of chopping them down, making furniture and writing about it on
Usenet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 5, 2:49*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

Repression of women seems a little de-evolutionary.

Agreed, and that's one of the things that's changing. Once the guy
with the stick takes his foot off of your neck, and you get a chance
to look around, there's no way people as a group are going to say,
"Hey, mind stepping on my neck again?" But you can't force such
change on a traditional culture from the outside without whole scale
loss of life.

I didn't watch the whole video - the "here comes the boogey man"
approach turned me off, and it seemed to equate the status quo with
what is good and pure. You know, the NIMBY mentally. Once an
immigrant gets in, they want to keep the next wave of immigrants out,
and the general thinking along those lines.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RicodJour wrote:

I didn't watch the whole video - the "here comes the boogey man"
approach turned me off, and it seemed to equate the status quo with
what is good and pure.

No kidding. A century ago clowns like this would have been trying to scare
us with tales about all the undesirable immigrants pouring in from Europe
and Asia, you know, all those Catholics and Jews and various Asiatic
heathens. Now they want people to lose sleep over Muslims, perhaps one day
they'll be screeching about the threat posed by immigrants from Mars. What
it boils down to is xenophobia, kind of ironic when you consider that a
generation or two ago the ancestors of whoever made this video were
immigrants themselves.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 07:19:58 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

If they didn't, we would all still be swinging from the trees instead
of chopping them down, making furniture and writing about it on
Usenet.

Uhhh...where exactly do they write about that on Usenet..?;-)

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 5, 9:11*pm, Mike O. wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

If they didn't, we would all still be swinging from the trees instead
of chopping them down, making furniture and writing about it on
Usenet.

Uhhh...where exactly do they write about that on Usenet..?;-)

Damn, ya got me! I thought this newsgroup was the place when I first
lurked here, but then I discovered it was still more of a swinging
from the trees kind of place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 5, 8:50*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 5, 9:11*pm, Mike O. wrote:

*RicodJour wrote:

If they didn't, we would all still be swinging from the trees instead
of chopping them down, making furniture and writing about it on
Usenet.

Uhhh...where exactly do they write about that on Usenet..?;-)

Damn, ya got me! *I thought this newsgroup was the place when I first
lurked here, but then I discovered it was still more of a swinging
from the trees kind of place. *

I didn't like that video either. Change is inevitable. It has always
been with us and always will. There is no point in fearing it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

cm wrote:
: I know I have seen a large increase in Burka wearing women in the Phoenix
: area in the last two years. I still prefer summer dresses.

: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

: Very grim if true.

: cm

For a good critical analysis of why this argument is wrong/naive,
see:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a....arts.mystery*

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

When I first watched it I thought it might have a little truth because of
the increase in burkas around poorer neighborhoods in Phoenix, but I
thought their math was quite ambitious.
I agree that change is inevitable but it still can be grim. Burkas over
summer dresses.....that's VERY grim.

cm

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message
cm wrote:
: I know I have seen a large increase in Burka wearing women in the
Phoenix
: area in the last two years. I still prefer summer dresses.

: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

: Very grim if true.

: cm

For a good critical analysis of why this argument is wrong/naive,
see:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a....arts.mystery*

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.woodworking

cm wrote:
When I first watched it I thought it might have a little truth because of
the increase in burkas around poorer neighborhoods in Phoenix, but I
thought their math was quite ambitious.
I agree that change is inevitable but it still can be grim. Burkas over
summer dresses.....that's VERY grim.

Look at the UK if you have any doubt about what is coming, conjectural
math or not.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

cm wrote:
When I first watched it I thought it might have a little truth
because of the increase in burkas around poorer neighborhoods in
Phoenix, but I thought their math was quite ambitious.
I agree that change is inevitable but it still can be grim. Burkas
over summer dresses.....that's VERY grim.

Look at the UK if you have any doubt about what is coming, conjectural
math or not.

The problems arise when the "next" generation gets conflicted. They are
born into a very laissez faire liberal culture (say Netherlands, or
Britain, or France or wherever). However, they come from ultraorthodox
parents, who grew up in a very restricted and restrictive culture with very
stringently set values. Combine that with school systems that are so lax
that kids need to want to learn to be able to be taught, otherwise they are
just set adrift. Plus a lack of work ethic and high unemployment. That's
the recipe where hatred and extremism thrive.

Just observing. I wish I had the cure ...
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"According to research, blah, blah, blah".

What research?

There's no shortage of "Scary muslims are going to take over the world!". This
is just another.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/