Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Water footprint the next scam

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:17:24 -0800, the infamous "azotic"
scrawled the following:

Tap n Trade the next enviro scam is taking shape.

Over the past few years, about 60 large companies have signed on to the
United Nations' CEO Water Mandate, an informal pledge to lower their water
footprints. They include Coca-Cola, Bayer, Cadbury, Dow Chemical, Heineken,
Unilever and Siemens.

Dr. Hoekstra is wary of all the corporate interest in the water footprint:
"They are all embracing the concept of the water footprint for the same
reason they embraced the carbon footprint - because there is a lot of money
to be made, not because they are serious about water conservation," he says.
"There has been a great deal of hype made over carbon footprints, and you
will see the same thing happen with the water footprint as it moves up the
political agenda."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1397818/

Best Regards

Aw, ****. Those sock cuckers just passed mandatory healthfiasco today,
too. When my neighbor asked if I'd read the headlines yet, I grabbed
the paper and did so. My first question to her was "Has the shooting
started yet, and where?"

--
This episode raises disturbing questions about scientific standards,
at least in highly political areas such as global warming. Still,