Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Footprint of Delta new Unisaw

I want to ask to someone who has already owned Delta's new Unisaw
#36-L336. Please advise what the size of Footpint of #36-L336 is.

Thanks in advance.

Mickey
Posted to rec.woodworking

#36-L336. Please advise what the size of Footpint of #36-L336 is.

Thanks in advance.

Mickey

I don't think they have been released yet. IIRC Delta is doing a Festool
"thang". Dealers will be getting them but cannot sell them until a certain
date. At least that is what I was told at the Houston WW show week end
before last.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:29:41 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

I don't think they have been released yet. IIRC Delta is doing a Festool
"thang". Dealers will be getting them but cannot sell them until a certain
date. At least that is what I was told at the Houston WW show week end
before last.

I don't know if they are shipping yet but you can order one now from
Woodcraft. I think they are a little higher than the previous model
at $2874 for the 3HP w/36" Bies.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I don't think they have been released yet. IIRC Delta is doing a Festool
"thang". Dealers will be getting them but cannot sell them until a certain
date. At least that is what I was told at the Houston WW show week end
before last.

I don't know if they are shipping yet but you can order one now from
Woodcraft. I think they are a little higher than the previous model
at $2874 for the 3HP w/36" Bies.

That's more than a "little" higher. I just bought the 3HP with the
52" Bies for $1600.

Posted to rec.woodworking

$2,684 is well into the ridiculous range. Besides, I have always been
reluctant to buy from the front end of the production line on a new
product. It takes a while to work the bugs out of a new product.
Also, the Unisaw "improvements" during the past 10-15 years have been
less than stellar.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

$2,684 is well into the ridiculous range. Besides, I have always been
reluctant to buy from the front end of the production line on a new
product. It takes a while to work the bugs out of a new product.
Also, the Unisaw "improvements" during the past 10-15 years have been
less than stellar.

RonB

I would say the price increase is notable but if you want to American built
you have to pay Union prices. I don't know if you have shopped its direct
competition, SawStop and Powermatic but you may find that the pricing is
quite competitive. While I agree that first off the line tends to be a
gamble, new design can also mean over built. I have bought numerous "new
style" products and have been pleased. They all have not been totally free
of small details that need attention but I find that they tend to last
longer overall. Time and again I have seen a good design "under engineered"
later on to save on production cost. Take the example you pointed out, the
Unisaw built 5 years ago was lacking when compared to the Unisaw built 15+
years ago.
I still own my 10" bench top planer that I bought over 20 years ago and it
was built by Ryobi. It still runs fine but it is retired now as a 15"
stationary planer has replaced it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
$2,684 is well into the ridiculous range.

The made-in-Canada General 650R-T50 is priced similarly.

Chris

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Chris Friesen wrote:
wrote:
$2,684 is well into the ridiculous range.

The made-in-Canada General 650R-T50 is priced similarly.

And a Model 66 is roughly $3K...

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

Good Lord. I just Amazon'd the 66 and I had no idea it had gone up so
much. Ditto my 54A Jointer which I paid a $750 for 3-4 years ago (now

I still like to let a product 'mature' a bit before I grab the first
off of the line. I spent quite a few years in aerospace engineering
and we used up a lot more change order numbers on the first few
production items than subsequent items. Granted an airplane is a tad
more complicated than a Unisaw but a lot of the changes were at
machining, welding and hardware levels.

RonB

RonB