Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Where to Buy Delta Unisaw.....

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:19:24 -0600, "woodstuff"
wrote:

Keep in mind that the "Industrial" model is less of a machine because if is
Chinese... the X5 is their better one. Also it would be worth your while to
get the Biesemeyer fence for very little more than the Unifence. For a
home shop situation, I guess it doesn't reallly matter though.

woodstuff

Thanks for you and others for the suggestions. I got the impression
from various postings and website that Unifence is better than
Biesmeyer fences and they cost the same. Can you explain the pro and
con between the two? The X5 Deltas cost much more than the other
Deltas, and I always thot the premium editions are made in the USA
too?

I have been lurking in criaglists or local sales and most Deltas are
reconditioned or heavily used etc. The different in prices are not
worth my trouble as I found out from my past experience. Shall I buy
"X5."? For your information I will be using it to remodel my house and
later use for cutting hardwoods into smaller sizes. I appreciate yours
and other advices.