Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Time to get tougher

"Hawke" wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:29 am, " wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:17 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

So you approve of cops being killed.
You are one sick puppy Loo.
TMT
Please show exactly where Loo indicated he approved of cops being
killed. I think you just made up this smear.

Dan

Read the article.

Loo is obviously not in favor of correcting the problem.

TMT

Even I have to disagree with TMT on this one. You'll never stop crazy sons
of bitches from killing people by banning weapons. The only thing strict
restrictions accomplish is to take guns out of the hands of the people who
should have them. When you put draconian restrictions on gun ownership all
it does it empower the worst element of society and leave the normal
people at their mercy. We already have thousands of laws restricting
firearms. Adding a bunch more won't make the world any safer. In fact
it'll do the opposite. Restricting gun ownership unnecessarily only puts
the public at the mercy of criminals. I think most people already know
this but strong emotions about people getting killed unnecessarily makes
some people want to do stupid things. You take away my guns and all it
does it make me vulnerable and makes the criminals more brazen. That's a
good thing? I think not. I live in California and I already have to jump
through too many hoops to buy a gun as it is. It's a joke.

Take this example. Every time I buy a gun I have to wait ten days. This is
supposedly a "cooling off" period so nuts can't just run down to the
sporting goods store, buy a gun, take it home, and shoot somebody with it.
That makes sense. Except for one thing. What if I already have a dozen
guns? If I want to shoot someone I can do it any time I want. So what is
the point of making me wait ten days every time I buy a firearm? If you
already own guns a waiting period is useless. The problem is no one thinks
these things out and even when they do they still won't change the law. If
a person is already a gun owner what good does it do to put more
restrictions on them? The point is adding even more gun restriction laws
accomplishes nothing, at least nothing good.

Hawke

Some states have cooling off periods for handguns but not for long guns. If
a person wants to kill another, and that person has no experience with guns,
a shotgun would be the ideal weapon. You just need one shell, and anyone
can point well enough to hit a target mortally with a shotgun.

"Lady, you can't take the 9mm semiautomatic home for ten days. But I do
have this cheap single shot twelve gauge, you can take it now, and I'll
gift wrap it."