Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Block splitter is done!

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:43:00 -0800, the infamous "Steve B"
scrawled the following:

I think it looks mighty fine for something cobbled together in a day. It
works great! What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

I think the pink felt is a bit much. Anyone else feel that way?

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:43:00 -0800, the infamous "Steve B"
scrawled the following:

I think it looks mighty fine for something cobbled together in a day. It
works great! What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

I think the pink felt is a bit much. Anyone else feel that way?

That was done on day two.

Nah, I'm off the block splitter now, and on to recovering my pool table. I
did split a block today while splitting some wood. BTW, it splits wood
excellently, too. The block was a little off, so will add some shims and
score one or two sides and see if it works any cleaner. The cleave I did
was a little better than I expected.

By the way, it's BURGUNDY, not pink. My SWMBO'S choice. Next color is pool
table green.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 21:31:32 -0800, the infamous "Steve B"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:43:00 -0800, the infamous "Steve B"
scrawled the following:

I think it looks mighty fine for something cobbled together in a day. It
works great! What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

I think the pink felt is a bit much. Anyone else feel that way?

That was done on day two.

Perhaps you could have left the block splitter up for more than an
hour, huh? sigh

Nah, I'm off the block splitter now, and on to recovering my pool table. I
did split a block today while splitting some wood. BTW, it splits wood
excellently, too. The block was a little off, so will add some shims and
score one or two sides and see if it works any cleaner. The cleave I did
was a little better than I expected.

By the way, it's BURGUNDY, not pink. My SWMBO'S choice. Next color is pool
table green.

I figured it had something to do with a woman. Heh heh heh.

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

there used to be a chain of pool halls in phoenix where all the tables were
covered in bright florescent pink felt. kinda hard to play on because of the
glare.

called, you guessed it, pinky's.