Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need NewsServer help again!

Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am temporarily
using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5 days of history
on most of the news groups.

What are you guys using?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am
temporarily using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5
days of history on most of the news groups.

What are you guys using?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

htp://www.usenetserver.com

They carry over a year's worth on RCM.

The original ISP that I had (now long gone) provided service through them
and I've continued with an individual account due to their reliability.

If you're looking for (near)free, individual.net (aka "the german server")
offers a good service for pennies and there are others that charge only a
setup fee. Most of these "throttle" their feeds by limiting the number of
connections...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am
temporarily using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5
days of history on most of the news groups.

What are you guys using?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Eternal-September is working for me...
RR

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am
temporarily using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5
days of history on most of the news groups.

I am reading this via Eternal-September right now.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am
temporarily using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5
days of history on most of the news groups.

I am reading this via Eternal-September right now.

I will try Eternal-September again. Here is their web site
http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en wherein they
do show that they were down. They show down on November 17, however, I have
tried for the next four days thereafter with no luck. Will try right now.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Okay, my mistake. They site was down, and upon trying to diagnose I removed
the newsgroup and tried to log on again.
Using Windows Vista, and when I right click on the news group, one of my
options are "Newsgroups...". Clicking on this selection I merely have
gotten a set of about 20± sites only, all of them related to et...-sep, and
not very current. Only now did I see that there is also a "Reset List"
options which gives me all the newsgroups I could ever want.

Thanks everybody for your attention.

Ivan Vegvary

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am
temporarily using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5
days of history on most of the news groups.

I am reading this via Eternal-September right now.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-26, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am temporarily
using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5 days of history
on most of the news groups.

What are you guys using?

newsguy.com

Check out http://www.newsguy.com to sign up. Not free, but not a killer
price, either.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-26, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

(...)

newsguy.com

Check out http://www.newsguy.com to sign up. Not free, but not a killer
price, either.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I use and like newsguy as well.
My ISP sometimes has difficulty connecting to it, however.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:07:15 -0800, Winston

On 2009-11-26, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

(...)

newsguy.com

Check out http://www.newsguy.com to sign up. Not free, but not a killer
price, either.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I use and like newsguy as well.
My ISP sometimes has difficulty connecting to it, however.

--Winston

My ISP..Earthlink...uses Giganews

Seems to work very well and stores at least 5 yrs (!!!) of news on the
servers

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:26:23 -0800, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Please give me some recommendations, both fee and non-fee news-servers.
Originally with Verizon, then Mozzarella (sp?) and finally
Eternal-September. ET stopped working about a week ago and I am
temporarily using nntp.aioe.org. Works OK, but, only carries about 3-5
days of history on most of the news groups.

What are you guys using?

I'm still on Eternal-September.org; a few days ago I had a glitch in that
a couple of my posts got queued, but I just figured it was local or a
traffic jam, and tried again later, and all was well.

I _do_ wonder where they get their money, however; maybe some rich
benefactor.

Cheers!
Rich