Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another question, induction motors on 50hz, limited duty

Bill Noble wrote:

Using a VFD could be another alternative

Are there VFD's that will run 110v induction motors such as the Baldor?
I confess to being perpetually dense wrt electronics, but I thought they
were for 220/3ph output, with some lower power units taking 110v up to
220. But haven't seen one that goes the other way.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in that question, I was asking strictly
about 110v motors. I'm just suspecting that the Baldor isn't ever going
to run long enough for the frequency to be any sort of issue.

Thanks,

Jon