DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another question, induction motors on 50hz, limited duty (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/292545-re-another-question-induction-motors-50hz-limited-duty.html)

Jon Anderson November 25th 09 02:43 AM

Another question, induction motors on 50hz, limited duty

Bill Noble wrote:

Using a VFD could be another alternative

Are there VFD's that will run 110v induction motors such as the Baldor?
I confess to being perpetually dense wrt electronics, but I thought they
were for 220/3ph output, with some lower power units taking 110v up to
220. But haven't seen one that goes the other way.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in that question, I was asking strictly
about 110v motors. I'm just suspecting that the Baldor isn't ever going
to run long enough for the frequency to be any sort of issue.

Thanks,

Jon

Bill Noble[_2_] November 25th 09 03:54 AM

Another question, induction motors on 50hz, limited duty

there are frequency inverters that will make any frequency you want - one
common conversion is 60 to 400 hz. but as you note, you probably don't have
to worry.