Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default National Ammo Day

Subject: National Ammo Day

http://www.ammoday.com/

A brief explanation - What is National Ammo Day?
November 19 is National Ammo Day.

It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy
ammunition. 100 Rounds a person.

The goals of Ammo Day:

The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition
from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or
hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of
law-abiding citizens. Make your support of the Second
Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!

There are an estimated 75 MILLION gun owners in the United
States of America. If each gun owner or Second Amendment
supporter buys 100 rounds of ammunition, that's 7.5 BILLION
rounds in the hands of law-abiding citizens!

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt
of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out
of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help
it by buying ammunition on November 19!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

[...]

Is this event brought to you by Winchester or Remington? g

I'm curious about how many lawsuits have been filed since the federal law,
passed in 2005, limited liability to actual product faults and failures
rather than to uses. 'Any idea?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Currently broke and
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : looking for a job...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 17 Nov 2009 18:51:59 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

Most 20 mike mike has steel cases and is electrically fired.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On 17 Nov 2009 18:51:59 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

Most 20 mike mike has steel cases and is electrically fired.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Does TC make a barrel for those?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

The gun/ammunition manufacturers have been taking the brunt
of all the frivolous lawsuits, trying to put these folks out
of business. Well, not if we can help it! And we CAN help
it by buying ammunition on November 19!

Sadly, there isn't enough stock for this to make an impact this year.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote:

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Does TC make a barrel for those?

I'll make a barrel if you shoot it. Nevermind, I retract that offer, I like you.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 17, 8:41*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition
from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or
hardware store...

I guess it's safe to say you haven't been shopping for ammo recently?
The shelves are already empty...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:13:51 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On 17 Nov 2009 18:51:59 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

Most 20 mike mike has steel cases and is electrically fired.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Does TC make a barrel for those?

No. Which is fortunate. The same fellows who think firing off .50 BMG
cartridges from shoulder fired rifles would probably try to come up with
a shoulder fired arm for the 20mm.

And thats not something even I would care to fire....brrrrrrrr

If I recall, the OICW prototype I read about has a 20mm w/ programmable
ammo slung under the usual 5.56mm rifle where the grenade launcher used
to go.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Grenade launcher is far far different than "cannon"...most of them,
including the old M79 used a booster to get the round out of the barrel,
where the main rocket charge then kicked in and it flew down range at
high speed.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On 17 Nov 2009 18:51:59 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

Most 20 mike mike has steel cases and is electrically fired.

Gunner

I *loved* that chain gun project.

It was fun watching people freak out when they heard that
the computer fired the gun. "What if the computer freaks out???!!"

I guess they thought all guns had to have mechanical triggers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Read what I wrote again, note "20mm w/ programmable ammo" and "where the
grenade launcher used to be". This is not a grenade launcher, it is a
20mm gun with a 6rd mag. The ammo is HE and programmable to detonate by
range, impact, after wall penetration, etc. Programming done via the
laser ranging scope unit up top. I thought it was a very interesting
gadget.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yes..I know. But you are talking about the diameter of a projectile and
trying to make them all coming out of the tube at the same velocity.

Doesnt happen that way. And the new 20mm IS booster launched with a
takeoff charge.

Its a hell of a gadget btw. Check YouTube for various videos of it in
actions. Absofukinglutely amazing how it can be detonated at various
distances in mid flight.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:10:11 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On 17 Nov 2009 18:51:59 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

Most 20 mike mike has steel cases and is electrically fired.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Does TC make a barrel for those?

No. Which is fortunate. The same fellows who think firing off .50 BMG
cartridges from shoulder fired rifles would probably try to come up with
a shoulder fired arm for the 20mm.

And thats not something even I would care to fire....brrrrrrrr

Simple enough to put a muzzle brake on it. Of course anyone to
the side will have problems, and you might have to be careful where
you park, you don't want small stones and debris being 'kicked' up by
the muzzle blast.

Definitely don't want to fire that indoors. Or through doors.

tschus
pyotr
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Its gonna take a really really well designed and BIG muzzle brake. And
Nobody at your sides for many many yards.

Definitely don't want to fire that indoors. Or through doors.

Bought the only door that will stop a 20 mm is a big thick bank fault
door.

Gunner

tschus
pyotr
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:39:59 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Definitely don't want to fire that indoors. Or through doors.

Bought the only door that will stop a 20 mm is a big thick bank fault
door.

Gunner

http://www.aircav.com/cobra/ammo20.html

http://www.gd-ots.com/sitepages/mca.html

(check out each type of round)

http://www.nammo.com/templates/Product.aspx?id=256

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2X-4TGHNJM-1&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_doc anchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1098552112&_rerunOrigi n=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0 &_userid=10&md5=cf9679f37847bafc4fa1aa0a9b5543e 2

http://prod.sandia.gov/techlib/acces...997/970640.pdf

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ions/mk149.htm

Lots more available on the net

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:10:11 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On 17 Nov 2009 18:51:59 GMT, steamer wrote:

--Yeah yeah; still can't find any 20mm brass in gun shops. Anyone
got links?

Most 20 mike mike has steel cases and is electrically fired.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Does TC make a barrel for those?

No. Which is fortunate. The same fellows who think firing off .50 BMG
cartridges from shoulder fired rifles would probably try to come up with
a shoulder fired arm for the 20mm.

And thats not something even I would care to fire....brrrrrrrr

Why? I did. 'course, it was a matchlock, so the powder was a bit
less explosive than the new stuff. The barrel was an old Vulcan 20
mike mike and the guy was using hemp (cannabis sativa) wick. The round
bullets he cast were about an ounce of lead.

That was a hoot, I tell ya. I could have fit a whole finger down that
bore, I think.

I just wish I'd used my instincts to put it against my pec instead of
listening to the guy saying that it belonged against my arm for proper
"historic firing position". My deltoid was sore for a month even
though the rifle was held snug against the muscle.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus28865 wrote in
:

Count me among the skeptics.

Ammunition prices are at a all time high, sales are going through the
roof due to fears of gun control. Are the manufacturers really hurting?

A friend of mine has an FFL and talked to CCI a while back. They are
selling their primers for the same wholesale price they did a year ago.
They guys jacking up the prices are the distributors & dealers. I've
identified several outfits that will never get my business again after the
way they've tried to take advantage of folks. It's their right to set
their prices anyway they want, but it's my right to take my money
elsewhere.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Ignoramus28865" wrote in message
Count me among the skeptics.

Ammunition prices are at a all time high, sales are going through the
roof due to fears of gun control. Are the manufacturers really hurting?

Heh, heh...welcome to the National Ammo Day, brought to you by your favorite
ammo manufacturers....g

Ammo makers are working round the clock in an attempt to meet the demand
for ammunition. Last year they sold 9 billion rounds and this year it's
up to 11 billion. I'm sure they are loving it. So is S&W. The shelves in
every store that sells ammo are still bare except for the real oddball
calibers. I don't know what moron came up with the "ammo day" idea but
he didn't have a clue about the unavailability of ammo all over the
country. Of course, the manufacturers are thrilled that people are
stockpiling ammo like end of the worlders but they will eventually have
bought enough ammo to store but never shoot. When that happens things
will go back to normal. I also expect to see a lot of ammo being sold at
garage sales before too long because as much as some people fear it the
world isn't coming to an end any time soon, and guns and ammo are not
going to become illegal either.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Let's say that there is a food scare and people rush to stockpile
canned goods.

That would make the canned goods manufacturers better off, as in a few
years people will have to throw that canned stuff out. (the contents
lose their taste after a while). So this stockpiling would be like
making an extra sale.

If people stockpile ammunition, they never have to throw it away
because ammunition does not become bad due to age.

So, what this means is that later on, the stockpiles will make people
buy less ammo, and this means a big hangover for the ammunition
producers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:57:02 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

Ignoramus28865 wrote in
m:

Count me among the skeptics.

Ammunition prices are at a all time high, sales are going through the
roof due to fears of gun control. Are the manufacturers really hurting?

A friend of mine has an FFL and talked to CCI a while back. They are
selling their primers for the same wholesale price they did a year ago.
They guys jacking up the prices are the distributors & dealers. I've
identified several outfits that will never get my business again after the
way they've tried to take advantage of folks. It's their right to set
their prices anyway they want, but it's my right to take my money
elsewhere.

Doug White

Walmart hasnt raised the price of their ammunition significantly either.

Which of course is why it cant be found 4 hours after a shipment hits
the floor.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:14:29 -0600, Ignoramus30503
wrote:

On 2009-11-18, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Indeed it does. However..the Left has made and is making serious inroads
into when and where people can shoot, ammunition control etc etc.

On the third hand..in a couple years..we will be awash in ammunition
that people have purchased and are now selling to clean out their
shelves.

Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

Whenever the booze runs out. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

I thought that Gunner wanted them to commence before the midterm
elections?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

I thought that Gunner wanted them to commence before the midterm
elections?

I don't know the plan. It's a secret. You need a special handshake to get in
on it -- or score below 80 on an intelligence test.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

I thought that Gunner wanted them to commence before the midterm
elections?

I don't know the plan. It's a secret. You need a special handshake to get in
on it -- or score below 80 on an intelligence test.

Maybe the "bombs" in our elementary school were a secret sign to
commence the mass killings. We will know tomorrow if this is true.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:02:27 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

m...
On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

As of a couple days ago, he narrowed it down to between one and two
years, and has removed any uncertainty. "It might drag out to 2 yrs
before the balloon goes up..but up it will go"
http://groups.google.com/group/talk....6c7c2eae811bb9

Whenever the booze runs out. g

Any diversion to keep from having to think about the bill collectors
closing in, or of how tenuous his hold on a subsistence lifestyle has
become. I'm thinking that the pressure is growing, hence the talk of
bankruptcy and landmines in his yard.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.
Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?
He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.
I thought that Gunner wanted them to commence before the midterm
elections?

I don't know the plan. It's a secret. You need a special handshake to get in
on it -- or score below 80 on an intelligence test.

Maybe the "bombs" in our elementary school were a secret sign to
commence the mass killings. We will know tomorrow if this is true.

I'm just wondering how exactly when this culling starts the people doing
the culling are going to identify the "liberals". I know a few people
who call themselves liberals but not that many, and they look like
anyone else and don't have a card or any identifier that shows they are
the ones to be culled. And what if someone is just left of center but
not a "liberal". Do they get culled? And who will be doing the culling,
a bunch of white, right wingers going through the population like Nazis
trying to find the "liberals". The more one thinks about it the clearer
it becomes this cull is nothing but another one on the long list of
fantasies Gummer spends his time dreaming about instead of looking for work.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:57:14 -0600, Ignoramus30503

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

Sometime within 2-3 yrs

Less than 3 yrs actually.

As for a time and date...I think they have already started..but wont
build to a peak until that time.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

I thought that Gunner wanted them to commence before the midterm
elections?

I actually dont want them happening at all. But..shrug..events are
beyond my control.

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

Whenever the booze runs out. g

The booze is going to run out? I better start hoarding single malt!

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
Which is a good thing..folks wont run out of ammo when they kill the
Leftards.

Ill be hitting the gun shows and yard sales in 3-4 yrs and stocking
up.
Im largely good for that period of time.

Those mass killings that you keep talking about, are being postponed?

When exactly are they going to start?

He was saying "in three years" about four or five months ago. It must be
about 2-1/2 years now. Or maybe 4 years. Or longer. Maybe. Or never.

I thought that Gunner wanted them to commence before the midterm
elections?

I actually dont want them happening at all. But..shrug..events are
beyond my control.

Gunner

There's the understatement of the year. Lock the type and print it...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:39:59 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

No. Which is fortunate. The same fellows who think firing off .50 BMG
cartridges from shoulder fired rifles would probably try to come up with
a shoulder fired arm for the 20mm.

And thats not something even I would care to fire....brrrrrrrr

Simple enough to put a muzzle brake on it. Of course anyone to
the side will have problems, and you might have to be careful where
you park, you don't want small stones and debris being 'kicked' up by
the muzzle blast.

Its gonna take a really really well designed and BIG muzzle brake. And
Nobody at your sides for many many yards.

That's just an engineering question ... B-)

Definitely don't want to fire that indoors. Or through doors.

Bought the only door that will stop a 20 mm is a big thick bank fault
door.

I'd wager that the standard house door won't slow the round down
enough to set off any fuses.

"Howdy neighbor!"

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus30503 wrote:

Let's say that there is a food scare and people rush to stockpile
canned goods.

That would make the canned goods manufacturers better off, as in a few
years people will have to throw that canned stuff out. (the contents
lose their taste after a while). So this stockpiling would be like
making an extra sale.

Lets say that you're an idiot. Why would people let those cans sit
long enough to go bad? You rotate your stock, just like the stores do.
that is, if you're able to think. After a couple serious health issues
I keep at least a month's worth of food on hand, and some canned goods a
six month supply. I will not let them sit around and go bad.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ignoramus30503 wrote:

Let's say that there is a food scare and people rush to stockpile
canned goods.

That would make the canned goods manufacturers better off, as in a few
years people will have to throw that canned stuff out. (the contents
lose their taste after a while). So this stockpiling would be like
making an extra sale.

Lets say that you're an idiot. Why would people let those cans sit
long enough to go bad? You rotate your stock, just like the stores do.
that is, if you're able to think. After a couple serious health issues
I keep at least a month's worth of food on hand, and some canned goods a
six month supply. I will not let them sit around and go bad.

Good for you, but practically speaking, people do let canned goods go
bad.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ignoramus30503 wrote:

Let's say that there is a food scare and people rush to stockpile
canned goods.

That would make the canned goods manufacturers better off, as in a few
years people will have to throw that canned stuff out. (the contents
lose their taste after a while). So this stockpiling would be like
making an extra sale.

Lets say that you're an idiot. Why would people let those cans sit
long enough to go bad? You rotate your stock, just like the stores do.
that is, if you're able to think. After a couple serious health issues
I keep at least a month's worth of food on hand, and some canned goods a
six month supply. I will not let them sit around and go bad.

Good for you, but practically speaking, people do let canned goods go
bad.

No one I know is that stupid.

hi 308 ammo prices Karl Townsend Metalworking 40 November 15th 09 04:31 PM
Ammo and powder storage C & E[_2_] Woodworking 8 February 17th 08 11:07 PM
refi ammo? [email protected] Home Ownership 8 June 8th 06 08:33 PM
JAPANESE AMMO CRATE J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 04:46 AM
What's an ammo can made out of [email protected] Metalworking 13 February 23rd 05 09:34 PM