Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Great metal working.

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:58:27 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Sat, 31 Oct 2009 00:06:13 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Nope, my grandparents and uncle were farmers in the valley. And except for
irrigation day, I disliked staying at the grandparents in the summer.
Normally I spent most of my time standing in front of the swamp cooler. I
grew up 10 blocks from San Francisco bay and did not aclimatize myself to
115 degree days.

But Bill..its a dry heat.

Yeah, so? Over 100 it is just hot. Dry heat just makes it less
miserable.

Actually...100F at 10% humidity isnt all that bad at all.
100F a 100% humidity is a killer.

Which is one of the reasons I dont go to the South during summer months.

Gunner

"It was a 106 in the shade this afternoon.
"Good thing we were not in the shade, right?"

Conversation in my youth, after spending a day at the base pool.

pyotr
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:07:00 -0700, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:00:35 -0700, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

(...)

Are you saying that Gunner was sailing his Hobie on a dry lake? With
wheels? g

--
Ed Huntress

For a professional scribe, you fail. Was already set as the MPH we
were
typing about. Isabella is only about 40 miles from Taft, and the ocean
not much difference is distance. But the valley can get extremely
windy.
Very hot and very windy in the summer.

Yoda, you are?

--Winston

Nope, my grandparents and uncle were farmers in the valley. And except
for
irrigation day, I disliked staying at the grandparents in the summer.
Normally I spent most of my time standing in front of the swamp cooler. I
grew up 10 blocks from San Francisco bay and did not aclimatize myself to
115 degree days.

But Bill..its a dry heat.

Chuckle

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."

Dry heat, wet heat. It still sucked. A farm 5 miles from Turlock and not
a lot to do. Sucked as a kid without a drivers license. Too young.

Even today...Turlock sucks.

But the Valley isnt all bad.

Just much of it.

At least..during the day.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:11:23 -0700 did write/type or cause to
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Sat, 31 Oct 2009 00:06:13 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Nope, my grandparents and uncle were farmers in the valley. And except for
irrigation day, I disliked staying at the grandparents in the summer.
Normally I spent most of my time standing in front of the swamp cooler. I
grew up 10 blocks from San Francisco bay and did not aclimatize myself to
115 degree days.

But Bill..its a dry heat.

Yeah, so? Over 100 it is just hot. Dry heat just makes it less
miserable.

Actually...100F at 10% humidity isnt all that bad at all.
100F a 100% humidity is a killer.

I went from 100 and low humidity to 75 and high humidity (Tucson
to Tulsa) Ack. (Not as bad as going from Buenos Aires Argentina to
Tyler Texas - in July. Mild winter (50s) to heat wave. Double Ack.)

Which is one of the reasons I dont go to the South during summer months.

Have friends, originally from Beaumont Texas. They'd go back for
visits, in the winter. She was always "It's ain't so bad, why'd we
ever leave?" Till she went back for a month, in August.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

metal working [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 10th 07 08:05 AM
metal working Mike Henry Metalworking 16 April 11th 06 05:26 PM
Metal working tools for sheet metal... slightly different take than usual John Kelly Metalworking 0 November 12th 03 01:06 PM
FS: TABLE TENNIS KIT (GREAT WOOD WORKING PROJECT) js Woodworking 1 August 6th 03 09:29 PM