Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default surogate cat mom

My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't tolerate
other's kittens.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 06:11:05 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't tolerate
other's kittens.

I've seen lots of animals allow other breeds to nurse over the years.

See pigs (in tigerskin tights) at the tiger's tits pic.
http://fwd4.me/mW

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25964356/ dog nursing tiger cubs.

http://www.wayodd.com/woman-nurses-tiger-cubs/v/53/

Ooh, she farted! http://fwd4.me/mX

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't tolerate
other's kittens.

Karl

And the metalworking content is....?

--
Regards, Gary Wooding
(To reply by email, change gug to goog in my address)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

lemel_man wrote:

And the metalworking content is....?

The steel plate in your head?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 14, 5:11*am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal *visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't *tolerate
other's kittens.

Karl

A couple of my sister's cats did that, delivered within a day of each
other. One mama cat had a nest in some of the insulation under the
house, the other one "stole" the kittens and moved them all to HER
nest while the first one was out hunting. They took turns hunting and
nursing them.

Stan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

For me, the best cats are the ones that are naturally friendly and love
company. I think they're quite rare.

Our cat Sheebs is like that. Sadly, she's rather ill at the moment...

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl has been on the group for years. Who the Hell are you?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

And the metalworking content is....?

Actually its very much metalworking related. The cats make Julie happy. When
she's happy, I can buy tools. I just scored a milwaukee mag drill today for
$155. She was happy for me.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:00:48 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Karl has been on the group for years. Who the Hell are you?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

And the metalworking content is....?

Actually its very much metalworking related. The cats make Julie happy. When
she's happy, I can buy tools. I just scored a milwaukee mag drill today for
$155. She was happy for me.

Karl

And the new fridge will be delivered tomorrow :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mag drill....was surogate cat mom

wrote:

Karl has been on the group for years. Who the Hell are you?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

And the metalworking content is....?

Actually its very much metalworking related. The cats make Julie happy. When
she's happy, I can buy tools. I just scored a milwaukee mag drill today for
$155. She was happy for me.

Karl

Hey Karl,

Seriously !?!?!? Really?!?!?!? Scored, or "stole"?

Is it repairable????

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Karl has been on the group for years. Who the Hell are you?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

And the metalworking content is....?

Actually its very much metalworking related. The cats make Julie happy.
When
she's happy, I can buy tools. I just scored a milwaukee mag drill today
for
$155. She was happy for me.

Karl

Hey Karl,

Seriously !?!?!? Really?!?!?!? Scored, or "stole"?

Is it repairable????

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Stole might be a better word. It does have a couple scratches on it, but I
think I can live with it VBG

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Karl Townsend wrote:
My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you

that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom

cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

For me, the best cats are the ones that are naturally friendly and love
company. I think they're quite rare.

I suspect a lot of the friendliness of cats come from contact they have with
people while they are kittens. Ever notice how a cat kept in a shop around
a whole bunch of strange people tends to meet your definition? I suspect
the nurture is more important than the nature here.

Of course the same is true for dogs. Those that have been properly
socialized as pups tend to be really friendly as dogs.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For me, the best cats are the ones that are naturally friendly and love
company. I think they're quite rare.

I suspect a lot of the friendliness of cats come from contact they have
with
people while they are kittens. Ever notice how a cat kept in a shop
around
a whole bunch of strange people tends to meet your definition? I suspect
the nurture is more important than the nature here.

You should see the veterans of our kitten bin. Especially the ones in there
for all the school tours at our farm market. When the kids come back, their
first question is always, "where are the kittens?"

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
For me, the best cats are the ones that are naturally friendly and love
company. I think they're quite rare.

I suspect a lot of the friendliness of cats come from contact they have
with
people while they are kittens. Ever notice how a cat kept in a shop
around
a whole bunch of strange people tends to meet your definition? I suspect
the nurture is more important than the nature here.

You should see the veterans of our kitten bin. Especially the ones in
there for all the school tours at our farm market. When the kids come
back, their first question is always, "where are the kittens?"

Karl

it even works on older cats. the rescue i work at encourages people to just
come in to handle and play with our residents. some of the cats never lose
the wariness, but a lot eventually do.

i currently have a rescue at my house who couldn't be handled when we got
her, and magically evaporates when anyone new comes into the house, but is
just the sweetest lap cat now to my wife and i. another is a breeder rescue
that had not been handled (ever) for the first 2.5 years of her life she was
kept in a cage. after 2 months at my house, i can pet her but she may never
turn into a lap cat.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article s.com,
Karl Townsend wrote:

My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't tolerate
other's kittens.

Karl

Many mammals will nurse the young of others, in rare cases even the
young of different species.

My wife volunteers at the animal shelter and she says it happens all
the time, with cats AND dogs. The only time there is trouble is when
they get a male/female breeding pair. Shelter staff routinely separate
the male from the female so it won't attack a different mother's young.

-Frank

--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:03:47 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
tanews.com...
[...]

Our now departed "lucky" came to us as a hitch-hiker under the hood of
a car. She was VERY traumatised and extremely wary for a long time. We
had her for 14 years, and the last 6 or more she was a real cuddler
with my wife and I and the 2 girls, but made herself scarce when
visitors arived. We'd often bring her in to the room for friends to
"meet" her - and there were a few she "took to" right away - allowing
herself to be petted and held - and even purring up a storm for a few
minutes - then slipping away and hiding for the rest of the evening.

I think she spent the first year in the far corner under #2 daughter's
bed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy fired this volley in
:

The younger cat is a bit irritable
and reclusive, and appears to view people with disdain.

Chris, I think you don't get it. ALL cats treat ALL people with distain.

When they jump into your lap for a petting, it ain't about you, it's
about getting petted. WHAT were you thinking?

We have an older tabby tom. When he gets in your lap, he grabs your
hands (with claws, but gently), and DIRECTS your hands to where they're
supposed to go. Pet with one hand? Unheard of -- get BOTH on the job,
Bud!

They do love you, sure. And we love them. But don't forget who's the
boss.

(Dogs have owners, cats have Staff)

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Roger Shoaf wrote:

For me, the best cats are the ones that are naturally friendly and love
company. I think they're quite rare.

I suspect a lot of the friendliness of cats come from contact they have with
people while they are kittens. Ever notice how a cat kept in a shop around
a whole bunch of strange people tends to meet your definition? I suspect
the nurture is more important than the nature here.

I haven't known enough cats to be sure about this. We've got two. A
13-year-old which we've had since she was 2, and a 9-year-old which
we've had since she was only a couple of months old.

The older cat is much more friendly. The younger cat is a bit irritable
and reclusive, and appears to view people with disdain. She's met plenty
of people, she just doesn't like them. I don't know if she had a bad
experience when she was only a few weeks old, or if it's just in her
nature. Or if there's a way of training them to be friendly, other than
stroking them and giving them food? Having said that, I think she's
calming down and mellowing with age.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Karl has been on the group for years. Who the Hell are you?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

And the metalworking content is....?

Actually its very much metalworking related. The cats make Julie happy. When
she's happy, I can buy tools. I just scored a milwaukee mag drill today for
$155. She was happy for me.

Karl

Hey Karl,

Seriously !?!?!? Really?!?!?!? Scored, or "stole"?

Is it repairable????

I scored a Hougen for a similar price, a little less actually. Solid
machine. It looked pretty clean except that it was missing the handles.
But I found that it needed the motor dismantling as the brushes were
seized in the slots. That took a while to diagnose and fix.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Christopher Tidy fired this volley in
:

The younger cat is a bit irritable
and reclusive, and appears to view people with disdain.

Chris, I think you don't get it. ALL cats treat ALL people with distain.

When they jump into your lap for a petting, it ain't about you, it's
about getting petted. WHAT were you thinking?

We have an older tabby tom. When he gets in your lap, he grabs your
hands (with claws, but gently), and DIRECTS your hands to where they're
supposed to go. Pet with one hand? Unheard of -- get BOTH on the job,
Bud!

They do love you, sure. And we love them. But don't forget who's the
boss.

(Dogs have owners, cats have Staff)

You're right in a way, Lloyd. Every cat does what suits them. They don't
consider anyone else. They don't feel bad about anything.

I don't think it's always disdain, but it's certainly arrogance. There
are cats which decide that human company suits them, and are therefore
nice to humans. There are cats which are indifferent, and so keep their
distance. And there are cats which hate humans, and try to scratch when
you approach (with a certain look in their eyes; that's the disdain I'm
talking about).

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:08:09 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Christopher Tidy fired this volley in
:

The younger cat is a bit irritable
and reclusive, and appears to view people with disdain.

Chris, I think you don't get it. ALL cats treat ALL people with distain.

When they jump into your lap for a petting, it ain't about you, it's
about getting petted. WHAT were you thinking?

We have an older tabby tom. When he gets in your lap, he grabs your
hands (with claws, but gently), and DIRECTS your hands to where they're
supposed to go. Pet with one hand? Unheard of -- get BOTH on the job,
Bud!

Puppy has a similar procedure - hop up, sit straight up with front
paws in the classic pose, and if I don't start scratching (armpit
preferred) she will reach out and encourage me; if I do start
scratching, she will tuck her head under my chin.
They do love you, sure. And we love them. But don't forget who's the
boss.

(Dogs have owners, cats have Staff)

LLoyd

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

It applies to people too.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 06:11:05 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't tolerate
other's kittens.

Karl

For normal, well adjusted cats...yes..this is fairly common.

For wild outdoor cats..they can and do eat other mommas kittens. Not
always, but occasionally.

Sounds like you have a loving cattery.

My respects

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 02:25:45 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Chris

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Chris

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Gunner

Christopher is in England, so shipping, quarantine, etc. is likely to
turn those into very expensive cats.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 06:28:38 -0500, the infamous Pete Keillor
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Condolences, Chris.

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Gunner

Christopher is in England, so shipping, quarantine, etc. is likely to
turn those into very expensive cats.

I'm surprise cats aren't outlawed as deadly weapons in the UK. They
have sharp pointy things on all sides (fangs/claws), right?

---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Condolences, Chris.

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Gunner

Christopher is in England, so shipping, quarantine, etc. is likely to
turn those into very expensive cats.

I'm surprise cats aren't outlawed as deadly weapons in the UK. They
have sharp pointy things on all sides (fangs/claws), right?

It's ok to let them own you. It's just not a good thing to carry them in
public...

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Chris

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Gunner

Christopher is in England, so shipping, quarantine, etc. is likely to
turn those into very expensive cats.

Pete Keillor

..perhaps...no..no wetbacks heading that way..they are all coming this
way.....sigh

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Condolences, Chris.

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Gunner

Christopher is in England, so shipping, quarantine, etc. is likely to
turn those into very expensive cats.

I'm surprise cats aren't outlawed as deadly weapons in the UK. They
have sharp pointy things on all sides (fangs/claws), right?

It's ok to let them own you. It's just not a good thing to carry them in
public...

Mark Rand
RTFM

Least of all...concealed.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Our cat died on Monday night. I'm so upset. She was the best cat ever :-(.

Chris

Would you care for another one or three? I have a goodly number of
kittens at the moment, someone dropped off about 10 of them and the
momma over the weekend. They are all handleable and just as cute as can
be.

Id be happy to supply you a few to make up for your loss.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Gunner, as Pete says, quarantine would
be a problem as I'm in England. I don't think you can UPS a kitten :-).
But thanks for the offer. If I ever move out your way, I might take it
up. I'd certainly like some of your weather right now!

For now, I've got to bury Sheebs. She's going in a wooden ammo box with
a plate with her name on the top.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:53:49 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, the English have a quaint custom of "ferret legging". Set
of baggy tweeds and you could just smuggle them in. Or conceal them
in a shipment of pot.
On second thought ....

"The man in the Cat-Detector Van said he can spot a cat at 100
yards. Eric being so contented, it was a snap."

tschus
pyotr

"The fishing boats go out across the evening water
Smuggling guns and cats across the English border
The wind whips up the waves so loud
The ghost moon sails among the clouds
Turns the kitties into silver on the border"
(W/ apologies to Al Stewart)
-
pyotr filipivich
Friends help you move, good friends help you move bodies. Really good
friends move bodies, bloodstains and hot cars, then collect the IDs,
weapons and useful stuff." _After the Dragon's Egg_, the unbegun novel.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:53:49 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

I'm surprise cats aren't outlawed as deadly weapons in the UK. They
have sharp pointy things on all sides (fangs/claws), right?

It's ok to let them own you. It's just not a good thing to carry them in
public...

I see. Confuse-a-Cat is OK to play, but Open-Carry-a-Cat is not.
Right.

Least of all...concealed.

Oh, sure! Just TRY that sometime = Shredded Gunner.

---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

“He was very fond of these delightful creatures, quiet, mysterious, with
their electric shiver, whose favourite attitude is the prone pose of the
sphinxes, which seem to have passed their secret on to them. They prowl
with velvet paws through the house, like the genius loci, or come and
sit down by the writer, keeping his thoughts company and gazing at him
out of the depths of their eyes, dusted with gold, with intelligent
tenderness and magical penetration. It seems as though cats divine the
thought passing from the brain to the pen, and as they stretch out a paw
they are trying to seize it on its way.”
—Théophile Gautier (1811-1872), on Baudelaire and his cats

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats.”
—Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)

IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:19:39 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

“He was very fond of these delightful creatures, quiet, mysterious, with
their electric shiver, whose favourite attitude is the prone pose of the
sphinxes, which seem to have passed their secret on to them. They prowl
with velvet paws through the house, like the genius loci, or come and
sit down by the writer, keeping his thoughts company and gazing at him
out of the depths of their eyes, dusted with gold, with intelligent
tenderness and magical penetration. It seems as though cats divine the
thought passing from the brain to the pen, and as they stretch out a paw
they are trying to seize it on its way.”
—Théophile Gautier (1811-1872), on Baudelaire and his cats

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats.”
—Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)

Cool, x2.

IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth.

Forget the alternative, just killfile and don't respond to others
quoting their drivel. That's -much- less painful to all of us.

---