Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default surogate cat mom

On Oct 14, 5:11*am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that
don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats
put their litters together and tag teamed the kittens this spring.

One of the moms was Cally D. Julie caught her kitten at too young an age to
wean. So, the spare bathroom becomes a kitten nursery and Cally D allowed
twice per day conjugal *visits.

Any way, Julie caught Gimpy Tig's kittens yesterday and put them in the
kitten nursery. Cally D quickly allowed the other cat's kittens to nurse.

Normal cat behavior? We'd always thought mother cats wouldn't *tolerate
other's kittens.

Karl

A couple of my sister's cats did that, delivered within a day of each
other. One mama cat had a nest in some of the insulation under the
house, the other one "stole" the kittens and moved them all to HER
nest while the first one was out hunting. They took turns hunting and
nursing them.

Stan