Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I see there are some scroungers on this board.

I have several ink jet printers in the closet that have simple
problems but aren't worth the cost of repairing them. Heck a couple of
them cost less NEW than the replacemnt ink refills for them

I wondered if there are any parts in the carriage servos that could be
used as CNC controllers??? Have any of you done this?

DL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I wondered if there are any parts in the carriage servos that could be
used as CNC controllers??? Have any of you done this?

They are normally small stepper motors. over on CNCzone.com I've read of a
number of uses for them. And several "how to" projects also. Takes a bit of
searching but you'll find something of interest.

Karl