Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stainless braided hose suppliers

I am looking for made up hoses that are stainless steel braid 22" in
length with straight stainless steel 3/16" inverted flare male ends
(common automotive brake line fitting) on both ends. They are for the
trim/tilt cylinder of a sterndrive. I think the working pressure is
1200-1500psi. Currently my dealer is charging almost $100.00 each.
Does anyone know where I might source these, I would only be needing
3-4 of them. Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark,
I know you don't believe it, but that's a fair price. The fitting cost is $20-35 each, plus the hose at $3.50 a foot and the labor
to assemble and test.

The fitting type you need is JIC. JIC fittings use a 37.5 degree flare angle. (Automotive fittings and refrigeration fittings are
45 degree) JIC fittings are commonly referred to as AN fittings (ARMY/NAVY), but that is incorrect. These are made in normal
steel, anodized aluminum, brass and stainless steel. Automotive fittings are only made in steel and brass and are not suitable for
marine use. Please note you will need the mating fittings that attach at either end as well. As one responder has mentioned, these
fittings can be found at SUMMIT Racing, but be aware that there are differences in ID by different manufacturers. For instance, do
not expect that hose from Earls will fit Aeroquip fittings....it doesn't. Summit will supply in Aluminum, brass and steel. If you
want to do this correctly see Air-Way Manufacturing Co. She will sort you out. Please also note that there
are huge differences in hose, be sure to pick the hose that is rated for the type of fluid you wish to use as well as the working
pressures you expect. This is not so simple.
Steve

"mark" wrote in message ...
I am looking for made up hoses that are stainless steel braid 22" in
length with straight stainless steel 3/16" inverted flare male ends
(common automotive brake line fitting) on both ends. They are for the
trim/tilt cylinder of a sterndrive. I think the working pressure is
1200-1500psi. Currently my dealer is charging almost $100.00 each.
Does anyone know where I might source these, I would only be needing
3-4 of them. Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 30, 10:27*am, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
[...]

3-4 of them. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I can get them directly from the sterndrive manufacturer (Konrad) for
54 and I found a place in California for 40 (JDA Enterprises), these
are made specifically for this application. I guess I won't find them
cheaper than 40 bucks each.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 30, 4:11*pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
[...]

cheaper than 40 bucks each.- Hide quoted text -

They are Teflon hose covered by 100% stainless braid with stainless
fittings. The fittings are not JIC, they are 3/16" brake line, with
3/8"-24 inverted flare ends.

? Suppliers of NON-stainless steel kitchen sinks. David Chapman UK diy 1 January 16th 07 10:29 AM
Replacement washers for those braided stainless hoses the_tool_man Home Repair 2 December 13th 06 07:30 PM
Stainless hose Simon Barr UK diy 2 February 18th 05 08:57 AM
Stainless sink suppliers John Hewitt UK diy 0 September 1st 04 08:09 PM
Stainless steel and granite worktop suppliers anthony james UK diy 0 January 26th 04 03:30 PM