Simon Barr

Default Stainless hose

I need what I believe is Strip Wound Stainless Hose. It is used as the
exhaust for the eberspacher diesel heater in my Land Rover.

I have been able to find what I need from an Eberspacher dealer but it is
£30 a metre and I am hoping I can find some equivalent stuff elsewhere.

The hose I need has an ID of 24mm and I need around a metre.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply such
hose?

TIA.

--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.
Andy Dingley

On 17 Feb 2005 15:26:35 GMT, Simon Barr wrote:

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply such
hose?

Get a copy of Practical Classics etc. and look for custom exhaust pipe
makers.

BTW - It used to be a requirement on Eberspacher heaters that you used
only their exhaust pipe and an approved installation. But you're doing
it in a Landie, so you're breathing plenty of CO anyway.

Simon Barr

In article , Andy Dingley wrote:
On 17 Feb 2005 15:26:35 GMT, Simon Barr wrote:

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply such
hose?

Get a copy of Practical Classics etc. and look for custom exhaust pipe
makers.

Hadn't though of that, cheers.

BTW - It used to be a requirement on Eberspacher heaters that you used
only their exhaust pipe and an approved installation. But you're doing
it in a Landie, so you're breathing plenty of CO anyway.

I'm putting the heater back in after removing it to get at the body
mountings, the original installation was nothing special. The Landy
is ex AA and it came fitted with the Eberspacher.

As for CO, there isn't that much, it's a diesel. Less CO than petrol
engines.

Of course there is the other nasty stuff, but not much CO...