Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Being the smart person that I am....

I will check into it. My time IS worth zero. Ask anyone.

Thanks for the input.

j/b

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Winston wrote:
Hi all,

Here's a question from one of our rec.crafts.metalworking pals.
Help him out if you can, please?

THX. --Winston

"I drove my (new to me), big, diesel backhoe over the last tank in my
two-tank septic system. Still, not too smart but I thought that I had
cleared it by a foot or two. NOPE! So, one of the rear tires fell in
the
hole, not all the way but it competely broke the concrete lid on this
concrete tank.

Now, not only being dumb but being cheap, too, I want to make my own lid
of
about 6 inches thick and about 4 feet in diameter.
I have only worked with concrete just a bit by pouring it into some holes
for a few t-posts and a few vertical landscape timbers.

I do have a small (unused by me) concrete mixer.

Do I simply lay out some plywood on solid ground, build forms around it,
put
in some welded wire and some rebar and pour away? Yes, I will keep a
center
hole open and install some hooks to lift it on the tank.

Does this sound like a plan?

Thanks

j/b"

I think you will find that you can buy a replacement lid cheaper than you
can make one. (Unless you value your time at zero and happen to have all
the supplies just laying around that would otherwise go to waste.)

--
aem sends...