Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Painting over anodize?

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:05:13 -0400, the infamous Joe
scrawled the following:

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:20:45 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Maybe he meant that the Badger used an air can.

Maybe he was referring to a Critter, as some guys on the Wreck liked.
http://www.amazon.com/Critter-Spray-.../dp/B00006FRPJ

This item must be listed on Amazon's Chinese web site:

Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The Critter Spray Products 22032 118SG Siphon Gun is ideal for the
beginner to serious the woodworker who wants to achieve professional
finishes.

Either that, or the people who write the descriptions shouldn't do so
while texting. g

Hey, at least it's no in Chinglish. Plus, we know that all ad writers
like to make their product attractive to every possible viewer, hence
the serious contraditions in the text.

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 20 Sep 2009 03:30:28 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2009-09-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

Enjoy,
DoN.

DoN, if you are looking for graphite rods, I can send you a few from
my stock. A bit larger than the ones from D-cells, these are about 5"
long and 1" dia. Contact me privately if you're interested.

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_duty_battery

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-20, Terry wrote:
On 20 Sep 2009 03:30:28 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

[ ... ]

DoN, if you are looking for graphite rods, I can send you a few from
my stock. A bit larger than the ones from D-cells, these are about 5"
long and 1" dia. Contact me privately if you're interested.

Thanks -- but those are a bit large for the purpose, so I'll
skip them. (And since we are not organizing a transfer of things, I'll
stick it here so you know that I've seen it, and others know that I have
responded.

Thanks, much,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

Have you checked with the local welding supplies store? My office opens
onto a fab shop, and they use carbon electrodes in their "air arc". They
strike an arc and blow compressed air through it. I think it might be
called "gouging". It blows away a LOT more metal than OA cutting does.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

Have you checked with the local welding supplies store? My office opens
onto a fab shop, and they use carbon electrodes in their "air arc". They
strike an arc and blow compressed air through it. I think it might be
called "gouging". It blows away a LOT more metal than OA cutting does.

Thanks -- next time I need them I'll check there. Since I don't
(yet) have welding equipment (other than a bandsaw blade welder) I don't
get to the welding supply place very often.

Thanks again,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There is a time and a place for Carbon Zinc and other batteries.

1. when the voltage is really needed to be 1.5v and not 1.25 or ....
and that is about the only reason.

Lots of meters regulate on 1.5v and can't range with other batteries.

Martin

On 2009-09-20, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

[ ... ]

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'.
They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon
D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

Have you checked with the local welding supplies store? My office opens
onto a fab shop, and they use carbon electrodes in their "air arc". They
strike an arc and blow compressed air through it. I think it might be
called "gouging". It blows away a LOT more metal than OA cutting does.

Good Luck!
Rich

Painting over anodize? Don Foreman Metalworking 3 August 31st 09 04:07 AM
Clear anodize? mkr5000 Metalworking 0 September 29th 08 06:04 PM
Anodize Pits on 2024 Aluminum [email protected] Metalworking 3 September 9th 07 10:38 AM
Painting or Spray painting dried wild flowers michaelangelo7 UK diy 1 December 31st 05 07:05 PM
World's Best Natural Sea Sponges Available From Tarpon Springs, FL Faux Painting, Sponge Painting, Home Decor tarponspongecompany Home Repair 0 June 8th 04 04:43 AM