Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RIP John Barry

the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 23, 12:07*am, "Bill Noble" wrote:
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Billwww.wbnoble.com

http://tinyurl.com/n2j5fp
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...RZYfgD99IFL7G0
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

We'd be stuck with WD-39 and real lubricants. It would be a rustier world,
but hinges probably would last longer.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 23, 1:42*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Bill Noble" wrote in message

the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

We'd be stuck with WD-39 and real lubricants. It would be a rustier world,
but hinges probably would last longer.

--
Ed Huntress

Yeah, but WD-40 is great for other uses, I'd hate to not have it in my
arsenal.

It's a great degreaser, great on electrics, and lets you use regular
sandpaper on metal as 'wet' sandpaper.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

We'd be stuck with WD-39 and real lubricants. It would be a rustier world,
but hinges probably would last longer.

--
Ed Huntress

A great fish attractant but illegal in most areas.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

Umm, in a world where do-it-yourselfers that know the difference
between a solvent and a lubricant?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

We'd be stuck with WD-39 and real lubricants. It would be a rustier
world, but hinges probably would last longer.

--
Ed Huntress

A great fish attractant but illegal in most areas.

Jeez, what kind of fish is that? Cuyahoga salmon? g

I'll bet the fish that lived in that river in 1969 thrived on WD-40. Well,
actually no fish lived in the river. Only one species of brown algae, which
lived only on pilings and rocks that got some air. The river was entirely
anaerobic, which really slowed down the decay of humans and other animals,
but it made them really stink bad. Fortunately, the only animals of any kind
in that river were ones that fell in or were pushed. One whiff of it could
make you swoon.

How close is your shop to the Cuyahoga?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

We'd be stuck with WD-39 and real lubricants. It would be a rustier
world, but hinges probably would last longer.

--
Ed Huntress

A great fish attractant but illegal in most areas.

Jeez, what kind of fish is that? Cuyahoga salmon? g

Nah, it's the water displacing bit of the formula:-

Spray WD39 on lake.

Water runs away.

Collect dry, oily fish from dry, oily mud.

:-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without
him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

We'd be stuck with WD-39 and real lubricants. It would be a rustier
world, but hinges probably would last longer.

--
Ed Huntress

A great fish attractant but illegal in most areas.

Jeez, what kind of fish is that? Cuyahoga salmon? g

Nah, it's the water displacing bit of the formula:-

Spray WD39 on lake.

Water runs away.

Collect dry, oily fish from dry, oily mud.

:-)

Excellent! That's better than Clorox in a trout stream. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

XR650L_Dave wrote:

Yeah, but WD-40 is great for other uses, I'd hate to not have it in my
arsenal.

Cleans dirt off of machines fairly well. Cleans gummy WD-40 off really good.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Excellent! That's better than Clorox in a trout stream. d8-)

I haven't heard that one before.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Excellent! That's better than Clorox in a trout stream. d8-)

I haven't heard that one before.

Wes

If you'd lived in western Maryland in the '50s, you'd also know about
bush-bobbin', juggin' with a whole *case* of beer bottles, dippin', and a
few other tricks that would make the sporting hairs on your neck curl up.
d8-)

Here in NJ, the standard trout-fishing tool used throughout much of the
Appalachians -- a half-stick of dynamite -- was a little too loud,
considering the population density. So they developed Clorox fishing.

You block off the downstream end of a trout pool with a piece of hardware
cloth, walk up to the head of the pool, and pour in a gallon of Clorox. The
trout can't breathe with the chlorine in the water and they float belly-up
into the hardware cloth.

It was quite popular here with the poachers, until the late '50s.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
the guy who brought WD-40 to the world - where would we be without him?

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

My life would not be any differant, It has been years since I bought a can
of WD-40. If I need a solvent cleaner, I buy a solvent cleaner, if I want a
lubricant I buy LPS. Penetrant, Kroil, or PB.
WD-40 is not much more than good advertising as far as I am concerned!
Greg

Barry Scott Jeßus UK diy 0 March 21st 09 03:20 AM
Barry Scott John Rumm UK diy 1 March 20th 09 04:16 PM
Ping Barry Parrish in Dearington Chinese Water Torturer Home Repair 0 September 3rd 06 05:21 AM
Barry walnut bowl problems Mike Paulson Woodturning 1 September 23rd 04 03:38 AM
Dave Barry Explains Outsourcing George Metalworking 7 May 11th 04 09:56 PM