Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Orrifice flow calculator

Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through
different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since
I was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in
advance!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:43:44 -0700, Gerry wrote:

Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through
different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since I
was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in
advance!

None of the 463,000 answers that Altavista (and presumably Google) popped
up with are satisfactory?

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:43:44 -0700 (PDT), Gerry
wrote:

Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through
different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since
I was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in
advance!

Try www.frogstarenergy.com/pdfs/flowRate.pdf

There are also "rule of thumb" formula that disregard viscosity for
rough and ready calculations.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 11, 8:32*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:43:44 -0700, Gerry wrote:
Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through
different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since I
was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in
advance!

None of the 463,000 answers that Altavista (and presumably Google) popped
up with are satisfactory?

--www.wescottdesign.com

None of the 20 or so that I looked at with Google was simple enough to
tell me how much flow I could get through an inch of 1/4" pipe at a
given pressure. They would tell me what the pressure drop across
length of the pipe but that is not what I'm looking for.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:36:46 -0700 (PDT), Gerry
wrote:

On Jul 11, 8:32*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:43:44 -0700, Gerry wrote:
Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through
different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since I
was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in
advance!

None of the 463,000 answers that Altavista (and presumably Google) popped
up with are satisfactory?

--www.wescottdesign.com

None of the 20 or so that I looked at with Google was simple enough to
tell me how much flow I could get through an inch of 1/4" pipe at a
given pressure. They would tell me what the pressure drop across
length of the pipe but that is not what I'm looking for.

The trouble is that there are a number of factors that enter into the
equation. Size of orifice vis-a-vis flow rate and viscosity for the
medium being measured, for example, that will effect the calculation
dramatically.

The same factors enter into calculating piping losses and are usually
overlooked as the piping calcs are usually used to estimate volume of
flow for sizing purposes while orifice calcs are generally aimed at
accurate measurements.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You didn't say if you were dealing with water or air but........ I was
looking for data to modify some sprinkler heads. Came up with this page.
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/cat...tml/ec/ec1369/
Nice flow table about half way down.

And
http://irrigation.wsu.edu/Secondary_.../S_AppRate.php

Gerry wrote:
On Jul 11, 8:32 pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:43:44 -0700, Gerry wrote:
Where can I find an online calculator to figure the flow through
different sized orifices and different pressures? Been too long since I
was in school for me to remember how to do this longhand. Thanks in
advance!

None of the 463,000 answers that Altavista (and presumably Google) popped
up with are satisfactory?

--www.wescottdesign.com

None of the 20 or so that I looked at with Google was simple enough to
tell me how much flow I could get through an inch of 1/4" pipe at a
given pressure. They would tell me what the pressure drop across
length of the pipe but that is not what I'm looking for.

BTU calculator Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 6 June 21st 12 12:07 PM
Dura-Flow or Cura-Flow repiping. Ever heard of them? Andy Asberry Home Repair 0 April 2nd 07 02:15 AM
Flow & Return or Return & Flow Centrral Heating Digby UK diy 6 April 23rd 06 03:17 PM
Calculator Mike Metalworking 39 March 31st 04 08:16 AM
Low flow bowl to a normal flow tank for toliet. Can I do this? mark Ransley Home Repair 11 November 28th 03 06:20 PM