Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hex hammer bits?

Ignoramus18183 wrote:

I have in my possession an assortment of what looks like hammer drill
or air hammer bits (chisel end, point end etc) that have hex
shanks. The shanks are about 1/2" in diameter (I am going by
memory). I have never seen a tool that would take such shanks, any
idea what they are for?

I can take a picture if that would clarify anything.

Milwalkee hammer drills used a hexs

Does it have a .4xx" shaft extending 2" from the start of the hex that is .6xx?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-06-18, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus18183 wrote:

I have in my possession an assortment of what looks like hammer drill
or air hammer bits (chisel end, point end etc) that have hex
shanks. The shanks are about 1/2" in diameter (I am going by
memory). I have never seen a tool that would take such shanks, any
idea what they are for?

I can take a picture if that would clarify anything.

Milwalkee hammer drills used a hexs

Does it have a .4xx" shaft extending 2" from the start of the hex that is .6xx?

Wes

Wes... I think that you got it... I will double check everything
tonight but it could be "it"....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking